Initiation

Lily POV

I make my way into the auditorium. There I see Glynda walking to a microphone.

Glynda: "Greetings. All of you have had your eyes on this prestigious academy. Most of you have the honor of being selected. Others were picked because they show potential. But we at Beacon allow everyone to join, regardless of circumstances. Your time here will not be easy. You'll learn pretty quickly that we push our students to their breaking point. We're gonna turn you into the best you."

She finishes with a smile.

Glynda: "Tonight you'll sleep into the temporary rooms. Once you've completed initiation you'll be given your permanent rooms."

Our scrolls all go off. Looking at mine I see where my room will be. Getting there I see a rather simple room. 

Lily: "Small. But it is temporary."

I lay down on the small cot. A couple seconds later I pass out for the day. In dreamland I find myself dancing with a human sized cookie. I smile when the candy citizens scream in terror running away.

Lily: "Where you guys going?"

I hear a twig snap. Turning around I become terrified seeing a creature made of shadow.

Lily: "What are you?"

It emits a hiss lunging at me. I shout waking up. I collect my breath and sigh seeing that it was but a dream. But rubbing my forehead I see a mountain of sweat.

Lily: "What a nightmare."

P.A: "All first years report to Beacon Cliff."

I hop off the cot heading to where the speaker told us. Getting there I see a lot of other students showing various levels of excitement.

Glynda: "You've all trained a long time for this. And today that training will pay off."

She motions to the Emerald Forest below.

Glynda: "Many years ago you'd just be launched into the forest. But now times have changed. You'll take your initiation a different way."

She makes a projection appear. I spot a map of the Emerald Forest.

Glynda: "Hidden throughout the forest are exactly seventeen relics."

I look spotting twenty one of us.

Glynda: "You've noticed that there's not enough relics. That was done on purpose. The four that do not get a relic will be booted from Beacon."

She develops a sinister smile.

Glynda: "Never to reapply."

We all get serious.

Glynda: "You better work fast. But keep it professional. You will be watched. If any unhuntsman behavior is spotted than that's an automatic zero and expulsion. Now get going!"

We all hop down the cliff heading for the relics. As I'm midway down the cliff I leap greatly taking the lead. Crouching down I take off full speed into the forest. Normally I'd use my semblance but it's not exactly a semblance. Since my mom had one but my dad didn't it kinda mutated mine. It's more like a skill that I can use on command. It's not dependent on my aura. Meaning I never have to worry about it failing.

Lily: "Okay. There's seventeen relics but twenty one students. Meaning I gotta find one quick. But the relics are hidden throughout the forest. Meaning they could literally be anywhere. I better start looking."

I fly through the forest looking over various stones and branches hoping to find a relic.