#09. the escapists

❘❙❚ ISSUE #09 ░░░░ VOL

❘❙❚ ISSUE #09 ░░░░ VOL. 2

❛ THE ESCAPISTS ❜ ┆🌹

⁘⁙💥⛠ BUY ISSUE #9 FOR $1.00 HERE

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                   If only Rosie knew how to feel after the kiss, she might have rested better that night. If only she had a person to go to when difficulties came up or just to ask questions about life and people, Rosie wouldn't be rolling over in bed. The stories were fantastic and the best example of outside life, she could get a mere idea of what friendship and love, hate and greed meant. Rosie wished she could open a book, ask a question, and have the answer appear in writing. But, unfortunately, that kind of magic didn't exist.

"How was your first kiss?" She asked Robin shyly as they walked to her room after kissing Ben. It was the first time she had spoken to her after she knew her name.

The girl paused for a few seconds to continue walking, looked at her quizzically and then opened her eyes in realization.
"You just had your first kiss! "She exclaimed softly" "With Soldier Boy?

"Ben," she murmured. His name was Ben, not Soldier Boy. "How should I feel?"

"Well," she rambled with a giggle, suddenly looking like Nancy with her bushy eyelashes and a tender blush on her cheeks. "My first kiss was with a boy, after we had a picnic in the woods. It was unpleasant, to this day I asked myself why I let it happen. The boy didn't even like me, he kept talking with his mouth full of food and when he kissed me, I swear I swallowed a piece of ham. Horrible" Robin laughed like a broken pipe. "Don't let that get you down, then I've met a person who makes me feel the butterflies in my stomach when we kiss... heck, this person doesn't even have to kiss me to make my legs go weak. How do you feel?"

That was the problem, she didn't have a clue. Rosie had felt something beautiful blossom inside her, something that might resemble butterflies fluttering around her stomach. Ben was a physically attractive boy and that was what people looked for to want to kiss someone. Ben had said so himself. So, on that side, she should be feeling a crush of happiness, and yet, something wasn't right. From the depths of her mind came a message that was impossible to ignore. She needed more, something different. The physical contact she thought was lost with people without powers —she felt them like weak stalks brushing against her skin—was returned with Ben. She was sure he didn't know how strong his movements were, everything he did was strong, of course, because he perceived the outside world as a flower. But Rosie had perfectly felt his lips against hers and his hand buried in her hair. She listened to her body the way she listened to nature when confessed the secret to her, and happiness appeared as they kissed. A day later she still felt the warmth of his lips and every time she thought of him her face turned red. What was the problem? Why did she feel incomplete?