26. if I say yes

❘❙❚ ISSUE #26 ░░░░ VOL

❘❙❚ ISSUE #26 ░░░░ VOL. 5
IF I SAY YES ❜ ┆🌹

⁘⁙💥⛠ BUY ISSUE #26 FOR $1.00 HERE

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The doorbell of her apartment rang, and the red-haired woman hurried to open it.

"Hello!" she exclaimed with joy to the man on the other side of the door: Steve Fort.

"Rosie," he said with a beautiful, perfect smile, "sorry for coming a little early. I... uh, really wanted to see you. I brought something for you." Rosie stepped aside to let him in. The man was carrying a sizable bag. "May I come in?" he asked upon entering.

"So, this is my new home," Rosie proudly introduced it to him. "This is where I've been living for the past few months. Do you like it?"

"Yes, it's all very much your style," he said, admiring her new home.

The warm evening light filtered through the lace curtains, illuminating the space with a cozy softness. Steve took a step forward, his eyes fixated on the meticulous details of the decoration.

The dark, polished wooden floor creaked beneath his feet as he slowly walked down the hallway. On either side, the walls were adorned with framed photographs of old comrades, including a picture of Rosie at Kit Morrison and Milly Ferrer's wedding. The living room was a true tribute to nature. Solid wood furniture in warm tones dominated the space, from the upholstered armchair to the rustic-style coffee table. Large windows allowed natural light to glide unobstructed, revealing a panoramic view of a nearby park. Majestic trees stood tall, dressing the horizon with vibrant green and filling the air with their freshness. A sofa covered in soft green velvet faced a brick fireplace. A pair of wicker armchairs adorned with floral-printed cushions invited guests to sit and enjoy the tranquility that permeated the space. The kitchen, though modest in size, radiated charm and functionality. The weathered wooden cabinets were meticulously carved, displaying exceptional craftsmanship. The soft earth-toned floor tiles blended perfectly with the granite countertop, adding a touch of modernity without compromising the natural essence.

"You can leave your coat here," Rosie said, being very hospitable and feeling like a great host. She took his coat to the closet under the stairs and invited Steve to sit in her armchair.

"I'll leave your gift here," he said, placing it on the coffee table. "I hope you like it."

Rosie smiled with rosy cheeks. She hadn't expected such a sweet gesture since they returned from the war. So many things had happened, and they had a lot to talk about, although she felt hesitant to bring up certain things. Nancy and Robin had been there to lend her an ear and a firm hand, helping her understand that she needed to change. They would visit her apartment and explore the Harvard campus over the weekend.