#25. the end

❘❙❚ ISSUE #25 ░░░░ VOL

❘❙❚ ISSUE #25 ░░░░ VOL. 5
❛ THE END  🌹

⁘⁙💥 BUY ISSUE #25 FOR $1.00 HERE

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

She had taken the night train to Massachusetts after being indecisive about what she really wanted or if she was truly capable of taking a step towards her education. Being free from Vough was a conformity she would accept without complaint, and it was enough to keep her satisfied, making her look in the mirror as an independent and brave woman, if only for a few seconds. She quickly forgot about Rosie with superpowers and quickly remembered the woman who had little and knew little.

She had tried to nourish herself with cultured words, with concepts she barely understood, and to equip herself with false intelligence; in the world beyond the fence, people were very different from what she had always been accustomed to, and at times, she missed the routine of the military base, despite the torture and deceit, she had someone with her all day long: going from one place to another, she never spent nights alone, and when she did due to external circumstances, she knew she would soon return. Nowadays, the girl would buy herself a feast of sweets and devour them like never before. Her lips savored the exquisite taste of chocolate with drops of liqueur, the honey from the pastries stuck to her tangled hair, she coated the fruits with sugar and syrup, she had a very sweet palate and loved to try new things. Classical music played on the record player, so cheerful that it made her jump and wonder if she could learn to play the piano; she wished that everything she did would put a smile on her face and not tears in her eyes.

On the train, the night danced with the hypnotic movement of the wheels and the swaying against the pavement. Rosie rested her head against the window and put away the book she was reading to try to sleep: Crime and Punishment. She didn't like it at all. The characters' moral diatribes made her tremble with anger and navigate through dark forests of her mind. It wasn't going to work, she would never understand it. She had already tried to find answers in Anna Karenina and only obtained intense nights of insomnia and vomiting.

Rosie tried to close her eyes for five minutes, but suddenly the sound of a bomb made her jump out of her seat.

Her mind was still at war, why was she still startled? She knew it was fake.

She looked around, most people were sleeping in their seats with blankets and small pillows; there was a woman with a few months old baby whom she was murmuring a lullaby to. Some young boys were playing cards with small laughs and some beers. It seemed to Rosie that each person had company and many friends, a family to return to, and a job to do. A purpose. People were happy that the war had ended, the sun was brighter those days, and no one stayed at home. Rosie would love to stroll through parks, go to dance halls and fairs, but it was impossible. Wherever she went, she was recognized and asked to use her powers, to talk about her fake life, and bring Soldier Boy, as if she had him stored in her pocket.