73

|Alessio's POV|

When I was told that Sean returned from London, I decided to go and pay him a visit. I hated that he got shot because of me— more like, because of that guy whose name I forgot.

Now imagine my surprise when I went to his big ass mansion only to find that shit empty. For a second, I thought that the motherfucker got involved in a car accident as he was on his way home but then that thought seemed too stupid at that moment. My mind then automatically flickered to Athena.

No fucking way.

I remembered that they were returning together. So I thought; what if they spent the night at her place? And guess what? I was so fucking right.

I stood in front of the big house, staring at it, the gates closed. My eyes fell on the black SUV parked in front— it looked like the driver was sleeping. He had his head thrown back on the seat, his eyes closed and arms crossed. That looked uncomfortable. Poor driver.

But that car... I knew that car. That was one of Sean's. No, no, no, no, this can’t be happening. Did they really— Of course they did. They went to freaking Paris, then London then god knows where else. Fuck you, Sean. But I supposed that was fair. I did get with his sister and he totally shipped. But that was different. Was it?

Or maybe I was totally overthinking this. Maybe they didn't even do anything. Maybe he just stayed over because they were jet-lagged. Right?

I walked towards the door and knocked. Upon receiving no response— which didn't surprise me— I opened the door as quietly as I could, using the spare keys I had.

Once inside, I allowed myself to take in the house's condition. Everything was in place which kind of relieved me. However when I went to the kitchen, my eyes fell on the dining table which wasn't perfectly in place— they probably knocked into that while screwing each other— that was enough. Those thoughts were going to kill me. Stop.

Taking a deep breath, I looked around. When I found nothing else, I made my way upstairs, bracing myself for the worst.

I neared Athena's room and opened it as quietly and slowly as I could, silently hoping there weren't any on-going activities going on in there.

Once the door was opened enough to reveal the bed, I couldn't say I was surprised when I saw two familiar figures lying on the bed with the blanket covering them. Sean's arms were wrapped around Athena who had her head on his chest, the two peacefully sleeping.

What a sight.

Since I didn't wish to seem like some creep staring at two people sleeping, I closed the door and walked back downstairs before leaving the house again.

I fucking knew it. He really took this whole “I approve” thing to heart, didn't he?

Shaking those thoughts away, I went back to my car and slid in the driver's seat before going to the racing club. It had been a while since I went there. Everything Thea and I did there would haunt me. I hated this. I felt so fucking alone. Why did this shit have to happen to me?

Granted I was not a good person. I committed crimes, I killed people— so what? I didn't deserve this. I never once hurt someone who didn't deserve it. So that was unfair as hell. And Thea? She barely even got to live. I wish we had more time. I would've shown her the fucking world.

Some people, like me, are just not destined for love— the word felt foreign on my tongue.

Fucking Macy. The only reason I spared her was because I actually liked Igor. He was a great second in command. However, everytime I'd look at him, I couldn't help but think of what his wife did to the woman I love. So he had to go.

I didn't kill him. I just sent him to some other country to work along with his excuse of a wife. It's not like I could fire him. There was no firing in this job. Once you're in, you're in for life. It was too risky and most people couldn't be trusted.

I could only hope that the same thing would not happen to either Sean nor Athena. I wouldn't let it. No way in hell would I allow either of them to go through the same shit I did. There was just no way. Never. Or Lea, in that matter. They already suffered a lot.

Sean has already suffered a lot. He has reached his breaking point. He would not show it, that fucker was tough as hell. He lost his dad, his mom, his sister, his stupid girlfriend who he killed himself— he told me about that. The reason why he did not want to date. He got this... fear that every girl would do the same shit that other girl did. I didn't blame him for thinking as such. He did love her but he'd say that he was young and stupid and he wouldn't call that love. He said it was some ‘weird teenage infatuation’. 

Athena has already been through a ton of shit as well. She deserved to be happy now. I was not going to be that selfish person who'd forbid her to date who she wants. She wanted him so she would have him. I didn't care as long as she was happy and safe.

These two deserved each other anyway. I totally saw that coming.

__________________

I know this chapter was not much but I wanted to let you guys know how Alessio feels about the whole thing and also— he’s gonna be reunited with Thea soon so yeah. Anyways, thank you for reading. We are about to reach 200K reads which is great. Next chapter coming tomorrow. Wait for it <3