Chapter 1

× × × × × ×

× × × × × ×

I can't say when I knew that my life was written out for me the moment my parents knew that I was coming into their lives, but I knew early on that I really had no say at all.

My mother was headmistress at Alfea. She was a lot. She was a perfectionist at best and of course, her daughter -me- had to be the exact same. Another version of her with every minute detail as equal to her, if not better than her. I had to be a flawless replica of my mother.

I got lucky when I started school because I was graced with my mother's talent in academics and magic. I got the best grades and was always the top of my classes, which made school easy for me, and I never really had to worry about it that much, if not, at all. It's not like I had much of a choice anyway. Most kids my age were getting in trouble for staying out late or sneaking out but I never had that -I never did that. Instead of staying up late hanging out with my friends I stayed up doing homework or practicing and perfecting my magics.

Alfea was never a choice either. I guess you could call it customary for me to attend because my mom is the headmaster. I wasn't mad about it though. I already had friends at Alfea but on a technicality, they weren't exactly attending at the time. I grew up with them. Terra was my best friend. She was an earth fairy. Absolutely loved plants and everything green. VERY stereotypical for an earth fairy to love greenery. Our parents attended Alfea together and were super close, which was why she and I became friends.

Same thing with Sky. After his father passed we got really close and he became sorta like a big brother, even if he was only a year older.

"I'm telling you Terra if you bring more plants your suit mates are not going to be happy." I chuckle as I try to roll my suitcase across rocky gravel. The front gates were packed with students. Lots of kids were returning from their previous school year and some who were attending for the first time. That included Terra and me.

"But I think it would make such a cool add-on to the suit. I mean you've seen them, Faye. They're so boring and dull. A little green won't hurt, right?" Terra laughed with a little uncertainty. Terra was always questioning herself which I never really understood. She was smart and had so much love for the world that I thought of her to be admirable for the fact. I was a mind fairy. But even so, it didn't take a genius to know when someone was unsure of themselves.

"Sure, but it is a shared space. I love that you're decorating your life with plants and everything green, but your suitemates may not say the same thing." I say carefully as I didn't want to say the wrong thing that would upset her. I never liked seeing her upset because I know she was just trying to do what she thought was good. Terra wasn't a soft person who you had to lay on things with a steady hand but she was my friend and I didn't want to hurt her feelings.