Chapter 3

× × × × × ×

× × × × × ×

Once Silva was treated with the zanbaq, I helped Terra drag him over our shoulders back to the school. The journey back was hard because the school was so far away but we still were able to make it back safely. I don't know what happened with the burned one and I was nervous about leaving the other girls behind to deal with it.

As we walked through the courtyard, the students around gasped and start to whisper when we bring in the bloody teacher to their eyes. I spot Riven and his little redhead just entering. He gives me a questioning look. He motioned toward us but I couldn't pay him any attention with the man bleeding out by the seconds on my shoulders.

"I need a med kit from the Bastion!" Terra asked particularly no one but Riven takes up the order and runs off in another direction.

"I'll go get the headmistress," I watch the redhead as she darts really fast out of the room like it was an instinct.

"I need to go get Sky," I tell Terra, with a frown on my face.

"Ok," she nods and looks up to another first year who I recognized from one of my classes. I think his name was Dane.

"Dane, help me get him to the Greenhouse," She calls for him and I let Silva go so he could take over my spot. Once I know Silva was good, I turn back so I could go look for Sky. I can't imagine what he might go through once he finds out what happened to Silva. He and the man were so close. Almost father and son after Sky's real dad died 16 years ago.

"Tell me everything later," I almost crash into Sky if it weren't for the words of warning he uttered out. Stella was right behind him with a concerned look as well. Sky practically sprint in the direction of the greenhouse and I almost lost him in the process. When we get to the greenhouse I hear moans and grunts of pain coming from inside. Sky blasts through the door, face gone of any pigments of colour. I turned back around and caught Stella standing right next to the entrance of the house. She stood there like she was lost. Not knowing what to do in this situation.

"Is he going to be okay?" I ask looking at Mr. Harvey who was tending to Silvas's wounds. He would pat the area with zanbaq to slow the infection, then pour on some more to ease him.

"How bad is it? Can you help him?" Sky rambled on while his eyes stared down at Professor Harvey.

"Sky, I'll be fine, just let professor Harvey do his work," Silva grunted and cringed a face of pain when Harvey pressed more of the oil into his flesh.

"I should've moved it right away, had more soldiers." My mom then bursts through the room, immediately rushing to Silvas's side. As soon as she entered the room I noticed her face full of guilt. She had something to do with what happened. And she knows this.