Chapter 2

× × × × × ×

× × × × × ×

I don't know if it was last night's activities that were the reason I woke up feeling like I had my head banged against the wall or because I just slept on the wrong side of the bed. But either way, the gallons of coffee I chugged couldn't take away the feeling. Maybe it was just because I was anxious about my first day of classes.

I was to gather with the rest of my fellow first years for our first lesson of the year. We were told to meet at the stone circle surrounding the vessel. A magical instrument used to hone any source or type of magic. Today everyone was going to get a chance to use their magic and learn about it. I had gotten here earlier than we were supposed to just so I could play with my magic before I was surrounded by my classmates.

Even though I was alone here, it was louder than ever. The waterfall a yard away was raging behind the circle with no care in the world. The birds were having a field day as their chirps echoed around the forest.

I had been sitting alone in the circle for about twenty minutes now debating if I should practice my new magic. If I got caught by my mom -or anyone who happen to see me, it would haunt me. I haven't told anyone about this magic because I wanted to understand it before anyone else tried to explain it to me. Deciding that I didn't want to waste any more time I sit up from my spot and move a little further away from the stone circle and into the field beside it. I stood in the middle of the small field waiting. Waiting for a little furry creature to make its presence known.

There it is!

You could almost miss it if you weren't looking hard enough. If it weren't for the quickness of this bunny hopping in and out of the tall grass you could spot it in an instant, especially because of the white fur. But then it stopped when it caught notice of my figure standing in its field.

Before it could hop away, I raise my hand in its direction. The bunny twisted its head confused at what this human in front of it was doing. Then the bunny's black orbed eye's turned a shade of red and its head perks up straight, now more visible than ever. It was immobile, because of me. It was as still as a mountain not moving even if it tried. That's when I tell it to stalk forward. Its little paws press into the grassy mud one after the other, the grass brushing past its white fury body.

I crouch down to its height once it's a meter away from me. I reach out my hand further trying to get the little creature to walk closer. This is the closest one has ever come to me. Mind control isn't just an easy thing to possess or control. You not just controlling one's actions, you're taking away their ability to choose. You have to take over their mental control and enforce your own. Fighting their mental defenses in the process. It takes a toll on my mind sometimes because it's so hard to control. I need everything in my body to focus on this just so I don't lose control.