Chapter 5

In Massimo's house, everyone was hiding but ready for when Luca and Alberto arrived. Giulia said, "Should I call Luca? We've been waiting for a while now."

Massimo said, "If you do, it might ruin the surprise. We can wait a little longer. I'm sure they'll be here any time soon."

Giulia said, "Fine, but if they don't, then I'll-"

A man interrupted, "Quiet, I can see them getting close."

Everyone was quiet. Luca and Alberto arrived. Alberto noticed the house was dark from the inside and said, "That's weird."

Everyone inside was trying not to move and not make a single sound. Luca said, "Is something wrong?"

Alberto said, "My dad should be home by now. Oh well, guess he has a lot of work today."

He got his key and unlocked the door. Alberto opened it, and then the lights turned on, and Everyone yelled, "Surprise, Happy Birthday, Alberto!"

There were confetti and balloons everywhere, decorations on the wall, cake, snacks on the table, and more.

Alberto said, "Thanks, everyone. I truly didn't expect this. Who's idea was it?"

Massimo said, "Your friend, Luca. We've been planning this for months."

Luca said, "Yep, Alberto, you deserve this and more."

Alberto had tears of joy. Luca said, "Happy Birthday, my love." They shared a kiss. Everyone cheered for them.

Massimo smiled, and Giulia went to separate them. She said, "Okay, that's enough, you two."

The music started playing, and all the adults were talking, and children were secretly grabbing more sweets and playing around.

Luca, Alberto, and Giulia were talking. Giulia said, "So Alberto, how does it feel to be 18 now?"

Alberto said, "Feels like I'll have more responsibilities now."

Luca said, "If you were thinking of us living together. I'll need to see a ring first."

Giulia said, "Well said, Luca."

Alberto said, "Oh really, you didn't mention that back at the island."

Luca said, "You got me into it."

Giulia said, "What are you two talking about?"

Luca and Alberto said, "Nothing." Later that night, the couples started dancing. Luca pulled Alberto's hand and said, "Come on, let's go dance."

Alberto said, "I'm not a good dancer."

Luca said, "Please."

Alberto said, "Alright. Let's go." They got in position and started dancing. The music then changed, playing a romantic song.

Luca and Alberto were looking into each other's eyes, forgetting about the people around them and only focusing on themselves.

Giulia and other guests were recording. Some were clapping and cheering. Massimo was happy for Alberto for finding his true love.

Luca said, "I could dance with you all night long."

Alberto said, "You'll get tired of seeing my face all night."

Luca said, "If there's love, there is nothing to worry about. I could be by your side for days, months, or even years and not get tired of you."

Alberto said, "We'll see about that."

Luca said, "Okay." At the end of the song, they shared a romantic kiss. Everyone enjoyed the party.