Horizon

Zoey had managed to stay relatively calm throughout the whole journey, a fact she was quite proud of. When the day she travelled to Korea finally came, she tried to focus on the positives and not think about any of the many things she was worried about.

While Zoey was used to travelling alone, she had never been abroad by herself. So it was both a little and nerve-wracking to be getting on an aeroplane solo.

The trip to the airport was easy. She was good at navigating trains, and all forms of public transport. Although she didn't like having to go on them with a suitcase. It was awkward as she always felt like it was in the way and didn't know where the best place was to put it.

Dropping off her suitcase was easy as well. She had already checked in online, so all she had to do was drop it off before heading through security. Zoey always planned her outfit with security in mind, such as wearing shoes that she shouldn't need to take off, no belt, watch, or excessive jewellery that might set off the sensor. She had never had a problem and today went just as smoothly as any other.

After grabbing something to eat, Zoey found a seat where she could see the departure board and looked for her flight. She still had a while before her gate was announced, so she sent a message to her soulmates to let them know that she was at the airport waiting for her flight. The replies they sent made her smile and gave her butterflies.

Yay!

Can't wait to see you!

Enjoy your flight!

We'll be waiting for you when you arrive!

They also sent a picture of the four of them sending finger hearts or making cute poses. It instantly became her screensaver. Zoey toyed with the idea of sending them a selfie back. Over the past few weeks, they had sent her many, but whenever she went to send one back she would chicken out. She always found something wrong with the picture. They never asked her for one, so she never sent one.

However, today she was feeling brave, or perhaps it was because of the mixture of nerves and excitement she felt. So, glancing around, she did a few poses, including holding up a finger heart and poking her cheek. She felt like a teenage girl as she chose one to send back to her soulmates and closed her eyes before tapping the send button. Her heart was racing as she waited for a reply.

Ahh!

So cute!

This makes me more excited to see you in person!

Already saved as my new background picture!

Zoey bit her lip to try and stop the big smile that took over her face. How could she get so lucky to be blessed with such kind and cute soulmates? She clicked back on the photo they had sent her and zoomed in to admire them one at a time.

So handsome too.

Before she knew it it was time to board the plane. Her first flight was a short one to Germany and then she had a two-hour wait until her long flight all the way to Korea. A transfer was new to her and she was imagining her suitcase not following her into the next flight.

Zoey played her ATEEZ playlist as loudly as she could. Because of the time difference she had pulled an all-nighter so that she could sleep on the plane and wake up when it was morning in Korea. She had never experienced jetlag before but she had read that adjusting to the country's time zone as soon as possible was important.

As it happens, Zoey's worries were not unfounded. Her first flight was delayed, half an hour then an hour and finally an hour and a half later they boarded. She didn't need to worry about staying awake. She was so worried about missing her next flight that there was no way she would've been able to sleep anyway.

Luckily, she did make it. Zoey was the last person to board the flight to Seoul and she sighed in relief as she took her seat before promptly falling asleep. When she woke up they were halfway there and she got out the lunch she had bought at the London airport. Generally, plane food isn't good unless you're flying first class on a decent airline.

For the rest of the flight, she watched a k-drama she had downloaded, Imitation. When she found out that two of her soulmates and two other members of ATEEZ had been in a k-drama, Zoey knew she had to watch it. They were all brilliant, but for her, Jongho stole the show. It shone a new light on her youngest soulmate and she was in awe.

Zoey was almost giddy as she walked off the plane. Finally, she was in Korea and would get to see all the places she had seen in k-dramas and most importantly try all the foods. She had made a list of things she would like to see and eat, but no concrete plans. She didn't know if her soulmates had planned anything or how much time they would have to spend with her between working.

It was kind of a good thing that she was staying with them because it meant she would see more of them than if she stayed in a hotel. However, she wasn't sure quite what to expect from living with eight boys. She imagined that in itself will be an experience.