long Journey

Hugging Hongjoong had been an experience in itself. It had been a long time since someone hugged her like this. A proper hug, not a quick hello/goodbye type of thing. Being in her soulmate's arms was surprisingly comforting. Unused to physical contact, especially from a man, she had thought it would be weird, or even slightly unsettling. It turned out to be quite the opposite. Zoey hadn't wanted to let go.

When he pulled back, she didn't even realise that she was pouting, but Hongjoong smiled warmly at the sight and kept an arm wrapped around her. Behind him was Mingi, who had arrived at the same time. The two waved shyly at each other before her soulmate guided her to the sofa and sat next to her, keeping his arm around her.

"How was your flight? You said you'd never been on a plane that long before, right?"

"Yes. It was fine."

"Seonghwa told me they lost your suitcase. I'll take you shopping tomorrow, okay?"

Usually, Zoey would have protested that he didn't have to, but she was tired from her journey and the thought of someone taking care of her, as foreign as it was to her, sounded too tempting. She had always been an independent person and ever since her mother died, she had been looking after herself. It was what she was used to, but she longed for someone else to take the reins for once. So, she just nodded.

"Yes, thank you."

"Good. Have you eaten?"

Wooyoung chimed in.

"We've ordered food, Hyung. It shouldn't be long."

Hongjoong nodded and looked at Seonghwa.

"How was the trip to the airport? Any problems?"

"Fine. No. Although Wooyoung insisted on going inside to greet Zoey, so I waited in the car."

"Woo..."

"Hyung! Just because she's not my soulmate doesn't mean I can't be excited to see her! I've already told her that we're going to be best friends."

"I thought we told you not to overwhelm her."

"I didn't!"

"You hugged her as soon as you saw her."

Wooyoung elbowed Yeosang in retaliation.

"Seriously? What did we -"

"Hyungs!"

They all turned towards Jongho who had whispered-shouted to interrupt Hongjoong.

The Maknae nodded pointedly towards Zoey. As Hongjoong looked down he realised that his soulmate had fallen asleep. While he had noticed her lean more heavily into his side as he spoke to the others, he had thought that she was just getting comfortable and didn't want to discourage her by acknowledging it.

However, Jongho had been quietly watching her. He saw her lean in Hongjoong's embrace and saw as she struggled to keep her eyes open before letting her head drop onto the leader's shoulder.

"She must have been really tired."

"Should we move her?"

"She shouldn't sleep too long. She needs to adjust to the time difference."

"We can wake her up when the food arrives, but I think we should move her. I can't trust you lot to keep quiet."

"He's talking about you, Wooyoung."

"Sannie! They're picking on me again."

"Shh! Quiet voice, baby, remember."

The others smiled amused as Wooyoung crossed his arms and pouted but didn't say anything more. San gave him a peck on the cheek, placating his soulmate somewhat.

"Jongho."

"Hm?"

"Can you carry her to my bedroom?"

"What? Me?"

"Yes..."

The other three of his soulmates exchanged glances as their youngest hesitated. Seonghwa stood up.

"I'll take her."

"No! I can do it!"

Seonghwa sat back down with a smile as Jongho rushed to where Hongjoong and Zoey were sitting before the eldest could take a single step.

Ever so gently, as if he was carrying the most precious cargo, Jongho picked up his new soulmate before walking out of the room. His heart was racing as he held her for the first time. They had spoken a lot online over the past few months but having her here in person was different. Having her this close to him was overwhelming.

As he was lowering her onto the bed, Zoey's eyes fluttered open. Jongho froze still holding his soulmate in his arms as he watched her wake up. Seeing his face so close to hers as she woke startled her. Failing around, he lost his balance and they both fell onto the bed, Jongho on top of Zoey.

Jongho pushed up enough so that he wasn't crushing her, his face hovering above hers. For a moment they stared at each other before he quickly moved to sit on the edge of the bed. Zoey sat up too and they both blushed as they glanced at each other.

"Sorry."

"No. I sorry."

They both smiled shyly at each other.

"I didn't mean to fall asleep. How long...?"

"Not long."

There was another awkward silence as they both tried to think of something to say.

"I -"

They both went to speak at the same time. Jongho gestured for Zoey to go first, but she shook her head.

"I... happy, you here."

The Maknae felt his heart flutter as her face lit up at his words.

"Me too."

"Oh, you're awake."

They both turned towards to door where Yeosang had just appeared.

"Foods here. Hungry?"

Zoey nodded and got off the bed. She paused beside Yeosang, but he smiled and nodded for her to go ahead. Jongho went to follow her, but Yeosang stopped him. The Maknae avoided looking at his soulmate as the older studied him.

"You look happy. Did I interrupt something?"

Jongho looked at his Hyung with wide eyes.

"What? Hyung, you know I wouldn't -"

"I know. I'm just teasing. It's not often we get to see you shy and blushing."

"Don't get used to it."

Yeosang chuckled and gave the Maknae a peck on the lips before grabbing his hand and dragging him to the living room.

The sight that greeted them was Zoey sitting next to Wooyoung who was piling food onto a plate.

"Try this, and this. Oh! You like this, trust me. Ah, this one my favourite. Spicy, okay? And this one -"

"Wooyoung, I think that's enough for her to start with."

Wooyoung looked down at the plate which was overflowing and stopped.

"Ah, okay. Here, for you. Enjoy."

Zoey took the plate from Wooyoung and stared down at it. Her expression made the others laugh. Yunho handed her a pair of chopsticks and they all tried - apart from Wooyoung - not to stare as she took her first bite. Hearing her hum of approval, they all turned to their own plates and started eating.

Seonghwa passed her a glass of water after she ate something particularly spicy. He caught Hongjoong's eye across the room and the two smiled knowingly at each other. Finally, they felt content. No longer did they have the feeling that something - or someone - was missing. Their soulgroup was finally all together and they had never felt happier.