Light

In the morning Zoey was woken up by a knock on the door and voices. She couldn't understand what they were saying, but bleary-eyed she got up and went to the door. When she opened it, Hongjoong and Seonghwa were standing there. They looked surprised to see her.

"You're awake! You woke her up!"

"Morning! She needs to adjust to our timezone. You know how important it is."

"Ready to go shopping? We leave after you eat."

Zoey nodded.

Hongjoong went through his wardrobe and picked her out some clothes.

"Mine. Better size for you, I think."

He was right. Jongho's t-shirt had swallowed her whole last night, which made it perfect for sleepwear, but not so much for going out and about.

Since the other two got to pick her up from the airport, Hongjoong and Jongho were going to take Zoey shopping. Although Wooyoung did try to insist that he should be the one to go with her, his argument that his fashion sense was needed was trumped by Hongjoong.

Covered up with hats and masks, Zoey wasn't sure what to expect from this trip. She always wondered if Idols could go out in public by themselves. Wouldn't they get accosted? How did they do anything normal?

So she was surprised when Hongjoong took her hand. When she looked at him he only smiled back at her. Perhaps he wasn't worried, about being seen or about being seen with her. Either way, it was nice. It felt reassuring, and grounding, to have him holding her hand. It was also odd, as it wasn't something she was used to, but she was pretty sure that she wouldn't want to let go when the time came.

As they looked around the clothes store, Zoey glanced at the prices and tried to convert them into pounds. She gasped when she realised that they definitely weren't in a store that she could afford.

"Joong..."

"Don't look at the prices. My treat, okay?"

"No, I can't -"

"Just a few things. We can't go to cheaper store. Too crowded."

While Hongjoong and Zoey were talking, Jongho had been picking out some items. He walked over and held them out to Zoey with a smile. He nudged them at her until she took them.

"Fine. Where's the dressing room?"

As Zoey gave them a mini fashion show with the outfits they picked out for her, Hongjoong and Jongho were very glad that they had gotten to accompany her. The Maknae took some sneaky photos and sent them to the group chat to tease their other two soulmates.

Tell Zoey that she'll need to model them again when she gets home.

Tough luck, Hyung. She won't let us buy all of it. Only a few things.

Then don't tell her.

Sangie! You're a bad influence.

Sorry, Hwa-Hyung.

Don't make me punish you.

I'd like to see you try ;P

Would you like to see me try, Yeosang?

Nope, good. Sorry, Hyungs.

Hyungs, can we keep the chat clean, please?

Sorry, baby.

Sorry, Jongho 😘

The Maknae puts away his phone with a sigh and Hongjoong rests a hand on his back.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Hyung."

"Are you sure?"

"I just wanted to stop them before..."

"And I'm so happy that you did. You should always tell us if we start to make you uncomfortable."

"I know, Hyung. Do you - do you think..."

"What's wrong?"

"Do you think Zoey will mind? That I - that I don't - you know."

"Why do you think she'll mind? Do we?"

"No, but you know me. Zoey probably has expectations."

"I know we haven't known her long, but you've spent more time with her than me. Is Zoey that kind of person?"

They were interrupted by Zoey coming out of the changing room, clothes piled over her arms.

"I've chosen a few..."

Hongjoong stood up and walked towards her.

"Which ones? Okay. Well I choose this and this, Seonghwa like this one and Yeosang this and this. Jongho? Do you want to pick an outfit?"

"Hyung, I thought you said Yeosang-Hyung was a bad influence?"

The Maknae made his selection and looked at Zoey who had a small frown between her eyebrows as she watched them. Hongjoong smiled as he took all the clothes from her.

"Looks like we choose everything."

"But..."

Although she tried to protest, Zoey didn't stop Jongho from taking the rest of the clothes from her and following Hongjoong to the counter.

By the time they had finished shopping they had numerous bags full of clothes and essentials. They carried all her bags for her too, only letting her carry one small one, while Jongho took the bulk of them.

They took Zoey out for lunch and Seonghwa and Yeosang joined them. All of her soulmates we're pleased to see how much she enjoyed the food. It was the first step to making sure she liked living in their country. Although she couldn't be with them permanently for a while, they wanted her to want to live with them eventually.

Zoey had barely been there 24 hours but she was amazed at how comfortable she felt. Being in a new country and living with her soulmates and their group mates who were practically strangers, she expected to feel overwhelmed. Instead, it felt like a fairytale or more aptly, a k-drama. Perhaps it was the jetlag and once she was settled in she would felt that way, but for now she enjoyed the tasty food and the closeness of her soulmates.