EPILOGUE

Evelyn waited for him.

In the clouds, she sat and watched him. Perched on the edge of the hovering heavens, she watched his every move: his failures, his mistakes, his triumphs.

And when she finally saw that green light strike him down, she smiled, knowing it would be their time again. As she watched his mortal form deteriorate into the ground, she knew they would be together again.

She stood waiting, her heart skipping a beat.

But when she saw him again, it was like they had never been apart.

He was young again, and they were back in their prime.

He reached out taking her hand and placing on it a tender kiss, "Evelyn."

And when they touched, her heart fluttered.

She closed her eyes, and the flashes came.

Albania.

Little Hangleton.

The Basilisk.

The Christmas Ball.

Slug Club.

She watched as they shared their first kiss, the awkward mechanical movements as their lips touched for the first time.

She watched as they danced, as he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her body closer. As their bodies moved together, tied together by an invisible string, keeping her close to him. As she span under the enchanted ceiling, the colours of the silks merging in her vision.

She watched as they shared their final kiss before she forgot, how his actions gave her comfort that words never could. His thumb tracing her cheek as he whispered the word, she wished she had never heard.

"One more dance, my lady?" He reached out his hand, "for old times' sake?"

Evelyn curtseyed, "of course, my lord." It felt natural as the words tumbled from her lips.

Their hands intertwined, pulled together by magnetic forces. Neither of them said a word as he took the lead, dominating her. As Evelyn glanced up, their eyes met, and the world faded away from them. All of the sounds of the sky could no longer be heard above their connection, it was hypnotic.

And as their bodies moved as one, it was as though it was the only way their bodies knew how to speak. They came together, blossoming as a new flower in spring, erupting with life.

"How I have missed you." He whispered into her ear, "my heart has longed for you."

"I have been watching over you, protecting you."

"I have been empty without you," his words melted her like butter, "how I have missed your touch, your voice, your smell." He pressed his head into her neck, inhaling her sweet scent.

"It has not been the same without you. I am not whole." His presence had healed her, she felt safe again. He was the glue; he had placed her shattered heart back together.

They pulled each other closer, letting their hearts beat as one.

"How has she been?" She asked him, "how is my star?"

"She shines, just as you did. I have been watching her, never too close," he added, "but she truly is a star. She is just as you were, a miracle."

"She will be with us soon I fear." Evelyn let her anxiety escape her lips in a whisper.

He nodded, "she will. It will take her soon."

She frowned, letting herself sink into his arms, "we will be together, here in the clouds."

"All as one, as it always should have been."

"Until then, she will live in our memories as you did."