home sweet home

As I climbed the last stretch of the mountain I began to feel a strange warmth spread through me. Ahhh how nostalgic I still remember the first time I came up this mountain. Back then I was just a small, helpless child but now I'm all grown up and strong.

When I rounded the corner I could see Busujima sitting outside the house looking deep in thought.

I started running towards her while screaming "Sensei! I did it! I passed final selection!"

She quickly looked up at me before doing the same "really?! I knew you could do it!"

When I got close enough I immediately hugged her "see Sensei I did it I'm a real demon slayer now!"

"I knew you would be fine. I definitely wasn't staying up for three days in a row because I was worried!" She said completely unconvincing.

"Yep, never worried, always keep a cool head that's definitely you Sensei!"

She gave me a light tap on the head "hey don't think I don't know you're being sarcastic!"

"Whaaaat me? I would never be sarcastic!"

"Yeah right!" She said and then hugged me again "Still I'm really glad you're safe."

"Well I did make promise."

"That you did." She said while releasing me "by the way what happened to your crow I thought all demon slayers got one?"

"Uhh well the dang thing flew off the second I got it." I said while rubbing the back of my neck.

"will it come back?" She said looking concerned.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure it will."

"Okay good, now go inside. I'll make a celebration dinner with all your favorite foods."

"well I won't say no to that!" I said going inside to get changed and freshen up.

By the time I was done I started going downstairs. Once I had made my way to the dining room I could see Busujima in the kitchen cooking something. I saw her notice me before saying "don't worry I'll be done in a few minutes!"

"Okay." was all I replied while taking a seat. Man Sensei's food was always the best. I could practically feel my mouth watering at just the thought of all the delicious dishes she could prepare. My fantasies about food were interrupted by her calling me for help. I walked into the kitchen before replying "yes?"

"I just need you to set the table quickly dear."

"Okay." I said grabbing the plates and chopsticks before going and setting them down on the table. A little while later Sensei came in and set down a bunch of different foods ( just picture all your favorite foods okay? time period doesn't matter.)

"Thanks Sensei! Let's eat!" I said taking some of everything.

After a while I started feeling tired and began dozing off when suddenly I felt myself get lifted off the floor.

I was barely able to see Sensei holding me through my fading consciousness. Even though it felt like a second I all of a sudden got lowered into my bed.

I could lightly hear the lullaby she always used to sing to me to stop me from having nightmares. The last thing I felt was a kiss on the forehead and her gentle voice saying "goodnight Y/n you deserve a good rest after everything."

It had been a while since she last tucked me into bed but still even at this age it's nice.