A long trip

Kei's pov

I opened my eyes somehow feeling even more exhausted than I did when I...

Wait, how did I fall asleep? I thought demons weren't supposed to sleep. Maybe something's wrong with me. What if I've got some kind of disease?

I turned around only to be met with an intense stare from Y/n "morning sleeping beauty, have a nice nap?"

"H-how on earth did I...?" I said staggering awake.

He looked out the window lightly humming to himself "well we have no idea. That's why we've been watching you really close while you were sleeping.

A thought then came to me, how long have I been asleep? I turned to Y/n for answers "hey Y/n how long have I been sleeping?"

He came and helped me up before looking out the window "A few months."

I felt like I just got punched in my gut. A few months? How was I out for that long? "Bu.. b-but... how..."

He started fixing the kimono I was wearing "yeah, you missed all the action. We were actually planning to go on a trip when you wake up."

I staggered and fell forward but Y/n managed to catch me. Staring at him this close I noticed dark circles under his eyes, he also looked like he hadn't bathed in days.

I opened my mouth in a desperate attempt to comfort him but suddenly Busujima came running in too.

Looking at her I could see she was in similar shape to Y/n. I needed to know why "what happened when I was sleeping?"

Busujima opened her mouth but Y/n cut her off "relax Kei! Nothing bad happened!"

...Something was off.

I wanted to ask more questions but Busujima gave me a look that told me otherwise.

I waited till Y/n got up and said "anyway I'm going to prepare breakfast." While leaving the room.

I then finally got to ask just what I wanted to "Busujima! What actually happened?"

She sighed "don't worry about
Y/n he'll be fine, he was just a little worried. Well to be fair you gave me quite a fright too."

"But why?"

She came a little closer "that's the thing, we don't know. You see, for the first few days you slept really peacefully nothing much happened but after a few days something strange started happening."

I sat up and started paying closer attention "it was as if your body was trying to change internally, we were actually kind of excited about that. But the problem came a few days later. For reasons we still don't know your body started trying to tear itself apart."

I was taken aback by this statement. Could it be because of...

... Wait, who was it again? I feel like I forgot someone important. I clutched my head in pain from the sudden headache I received.

Busujima immediately steadied me "Kei! Are you okay?"

I let go of my head as the pain subsided "yeah I'm fine. Now where were you?"

Busujima helped me sit down before continuing "oh sorry, so anyway as I was saying, it came as quite the shock when your cells started trying to kill each other. At one point we very nearly lost you, the first few days were the hardest but as time went on your body started rejecting the defective cells and you stabilized but we still had to take turns watching you."

The door suddenly opened revealing Y/n "yeah, the fact that we still had to kill demons wasn't exactly helping either."

I felt extremely guilty "I'm really sorry to have worried you guys, it's all my fault."