Helping around the house

Y/n pov

I opened my eyes groggily and began looking around the room. Sensei was still snoring away, half the blanket wasn't even on her anymore. I then looked over at Kei and could see her busy playing with something.

I snuck up on her and gave her a fright by saying "watcha got there?"

I could feel that she got startled a little more than I expected "what playing with something you're not supposed to?"

"No! I was only playing with this! Promise!" She squeaked out, showing me one of the puzzles Sensei gave me when I was just a kid.

"Oh! I remember these! Watch, you just go like, this and this and this and... done!" I said handing her back the fixed square.

"Wow! How did you do it so easily?"

"It's simple once you learn it, just watch." I said turning the cube into an unnamed shape.

I then gave it to and grabbed her hands "just take a look at the current shape it is. Far from a square right? But! If you look closer the vertices and faces actually form a pattern. all you need to do is find it and once you do, just follow it!"

Kei watched in awe as I solved the puzzle with her hands. As I finished putting the last piece in Kei looked up at me a serious look on her face "...... I don't get it."

I started laughing "don't worry you will eventually. I mean it took me ages to understand geometry."

"You still don't understand it."

I looked at Sensei who had just woken up "I can understand geometry perfectly well, thanks."

Sensei scoffed "I told you to make a perfect circle and you somehow made the radius less than a third of the other half."

"I was ten! And I had the worst drawing skills ever known to man!"

"Aaaawww, I still remember you at that age you were so adorable! Not to mention you would always ask for a lullaby when you had trouble sleeping!" She had gone off into her own memories already.

"What!? How did your mind even go there?! We were talking about shapes!"

Sensei completely ignored me, instead turning to Kei "I have a great idea! I can teach you the lullaby! Wouldn't that be nice?"

I started getting really embarrassed "no, please don't."

"But it was your favourite!"

"Yeah well I grew up."

She suddenly grabbed me with blinding speed and put my head on her lap "don't be silly! I know you still love it."

"Sure, keep telling yourself that." I said trying to get out of her insanely strong grip.

"I wouldn't mind learning it." I looked over at Kei who had just barely whispered something.

"Wait, Kei?! Please tell me you're joking."

"What? It might sound nice and who knows maybe..." Her voice got smaller and smaller until it trailed off until I couldn't hear the last bit of what she was saying.