Almost there

(This is the last chapter before getting the spider mom promise.)

I was suddenly awoken by an extremely loud cawing flying towards the house. My reaction instincts immediately kicked in and I flew out of my bed barely dodging whatever it was that just flew in as I lifted the blanket I saw my crow staring back "seriously?! What do you want?!"

In response the crow opened it's mouth wide and belted out the words "Hotaru Haganezuka master swordsmith flying around deliveries."

I tried comprehending what it just said before asking "what? Say that again, that can't be right."

The crow opened it's mouth again but this time it didn't even try to get it right "Hotaru sword melon. Colours!" And then darted out the window.

I sighed, how on earth am I going to get anything done when I have a lunatic for a messenger? I tried going downstairs to see if maybe Sensei knew something "hey Sensei!" She looked over at me "do you know what that senile crow was talking about?!"

"Crow? I didn't hear anything."

"Oh, okay. Just wanted to check something." Man that damn crow really did me in. I mean what if that was supposed to be a mission? But how could it be I don't even have my nichirin sword! Or it could've been something really important!

I started rubbing my head profusely "SERIOUSLY YOU DAMN CROW!"

I went outside and sat down exhausted from overthinking. I decided that in the end whatever happens, happens.

After a bit I noticed a man coming towards the house. I ran in and called Sensei outside. Once she came out and saw who was approaching she immediately gave a bright smile while saying "hello, hello you must be mister Hotaru Haganezuka! Come inside I heard that you're one of the best swordsmiths around!"

"Well I suppose you could say that miss...?"

"Please call me Busujima."

"Alright then miss Busujima I have come to deliver your students new nichirin sword. I'll give it to him inside."

As I sat down Hotaru started explaining about nichirin swords "you see nichirin blades change colour depending on the wielder which is why they are sometimes called colour changing katanas. Now let's see what colour you get."

I picked up the katana and held my breath... but... nothing happened. It wasn't changing colour at all. I looked at him perplexed but I could feel he was just as confused as I was... but for some reason Sensei was feeling uncomfortable, irritated, annoyed and... worried? But why would she be getting this annoyed? Is it because I was unable to make it change colour? No she was getting annoyed with Hotaru, but why?

"That's strange I wonder why it isn't changing colour? Maybe the ore was defective? Or maybe it...." before he could finish his sentence Busujima-sensei had a sudden surge of anger before grabbing him by the ear and dragging him to the door.
He tried protesting "but, but the sword..."

"I'm sure the sword works just fine so thank you for coming. your services are greatly appreciated and I hope you have safe travels."

She then threw him out and locked the door before turning back to me "anyway good job you now have a proper sword!"

"But it's supposed to change colour."

"Don't worry about that, I'm sure it will change colour eventually. But enough of that we should be getting you ready for your missions they're going to be really hard so I want you to be ready for anything." She said excessively cheery.

There's only one reason she gets like this the last time this happened was when I asked about her mother. She was excessively joyful then disappeared into her room for three weekss and then came out normal again. Yup there's no doubt about it this has to do with her past and she definitely doesn't want me to find out.

Time skip

It had been a few days since I received my sword and at long last my damn crow pitched up again. I held out my hand and my crow landed on it. For a brief second I thought that it would tell me something normal but my hopes were quickly crushed when it bleated out
"two hundred northern feets eater ate village."

"I can only assume that it was trying to tell me there was a demon north. Oh well doesn't matter." I said with a sigh "see you another time Sensei!" I said running off into the distance.

Well now begins the real deal, and hopefully I'm ready for it.