The Entertainment District

Busujima pov

I glanced at Y/n on the road. To any passing person or vague acquaintance he would appear just fine, but I'm not some random passerby that barely gives someone a second thought. I knew Y/n far too well and I knew something was off.

It wasn't something I could point at and name much less pin it down but something was different. And what made it so infuriating was that his actions were exactly the same, every smile, laugh, joke, sigh, chuckle, answer, breath and even wink. Almost as if Y/n was at the front of the carriage steering the horses while something sinister remained seated inside waiting for the right moment to hop out.

I rubbed my head in frustration. Why was a question like this bothering me?

I was pulled out of my reverie by Kei laughing at something Y/n was showing her. He then picked up some flowers carefully sorting through them until he was holding the last two best.

He then reached into his oversized backpack and pulled out something, I looked at him curiously while he injected something into the flowers.

I continued watching the flowers, slightly holding my breath, at first nothing happened making me disappointed but then suddenly, they crystallized in an instant.

He then handed one too Kei before walking over and handing me the other "are you sure I can have this?"

He gave me a kind smile "of course you can that's why I made two."

Seeing this gesture I felt guilty for thinking so badly of Y/n just a few moments ago "thanks, it's quite beautiful. I didn't even know you could crystallize flowers like this."

For a brief second I saw something that scared me in his smile "well what can I say I've been... Experimenting."

'stop being silly you're just overthinking this' I told myself, while slapping my cheeks in an attempt to clear my head.

Y/n's pov

I watched her shake off her worries as I gifted her the now crystal flower. Honestly I hated watching Kei and Busujima worried it was upsetting to say the least and I hated being upset.

At least I threw off her suspicion.

I mentally slapped myself, now is the last place I want to think like that.

Not that it matters if their safe, I'm sure they'll understand eventually.

Sighing I caught up to Kei and Busujima on the road.

3rd person pov
Timeleeeeeeap

The trio had been walking for a few hours already and Y/n could tell that the other two were getting tired, sighing he bent down, confusing the other two "what is it Y/n?"

"Come on I'll pick you up."

For reasons unknown to Y/n they both started getting flustered "oh, no I'm fine just being a little dramatic is all."

"Yeah, and besides I'm a demon the nighttime is when we thrive."

Looking over at them instantly gave a different impression, at a single glance one might mistake them for zombies. Sighing Y/n tried reasoning with them "listen anyone can see that you two are clearly tired, so stop being stubborn and just let me carry you."

Seeing both of them still stuck in place Y/n groaned before going over and picking them both up. While they wouldn't admit it Kei and Busujima were secretly enjoying every second of being carried by Y/n, their exhaustion only adding too their comfort.