Chapter 14

{Day 3} 

No one seemed interested in Scar calling Iskall, it must've been normal, so Grian ignored it. After finishing his meal and saying goodbye, he headed toward his room. Even tho Grian didn't do a lot of things today, he was feeling exhausted. For a minute the avian couldn't see anything so he rubbed his eyes and looked around. How did I get here? He was in his bed seemingly already asleep. God... I must be really tired. Grian closed his eyes just wanting to get some sleep. 

But he heard something. "You can't run... You can't hide... I'm already inside." Grian got scared but for some reason, he couldn't open his eyes. Then he heard another voice. "I can't run... I can't hide... They want my head on a spike." 

"-urtis! Run! I'll hold them back!"

"We meet once again... Xelqua." 

"You made me do this! I can't! It's all your fault!"

Hot. The burning heat felt like fire. Grian opened his eyes, but he wasn't in his bed or his room. Void. Cold as ice. The avian turned his head and saw two terrifying humanoid things. One of them kept changing forms but the other one seemed like someone took pieces that shouldn't go together and made that thing. It looked like a giant human eye and its body was a triangle. That thing also had big purple wings and some kind of symbol on its body. It looked like in complete rectangle. And the things seemed to be talking in some unknown language. "||𝙹⚍ ᔑ∷ᒷ ʖᔑリ╎ᓭ⍑ᒷ↸! ⎓ᔑꖎꖎ╎リ⊣ ⎓𝙹∷ ᔑ ᒲ𝙹∷ℸ ̣ ᔑꖎ... ╎ ᒷ ̇/!¡ᒷᓵℸ ̣ ᒷ↸ ʖᒷℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ᒷ∷ ⎓∷𝙹ᒲ ᒲ|| 𝙹∴リ ↸ᔑ⚍⊣⍑ℸ ̣ ᒷ∷..."   "╎'ᒲ リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍∷ ↸ᔑ⚍⊣⍑ℸ ̣ ᒷ∷... ᔑリ↸ ╎ ∴╎ꖎꖎ リᒷ⍊ᒷ∷ ʖᒷ ||𝙹⚍∷    ⌇⍜⋏! ⟟ ⍀⟒☌⍀⟒⏁ ⋏⍜⏁⊑⟟⋏☌! ⟟ ⊑⍜⌿⟒ ⟟ ⍙⟟⌰⌰ ⋏⟒⎐⟒⍀ ⌇⟒⟒ ⊬⍜⎍ ⏃☌⏃⟟⋏..."   "⍑𝙹∴ ↸ᔑ∷ᒷ ||𝙹⚍ ᓭ!¡ᒷᔑꖌ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣ !¡ᒷᔑᓭᔑリℸ ̣ ꖎᔑリ⊣⚍ᔑ⊣ᒷ?!   ʖ𝙹∴ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ᒲᒷ! ʖ𝙹∴ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ||𝙹⚍∷ ꖌ╎リ⊣!" "⋏⟒⎐⟒⍀..." Grian felt a sharp pain in his heart and the things disappeared, but the pain got worse and worse.

"No no no no... I messed up. I should've been watching. That's my job... Please wake up..." Grian immediately opened his eyes, but no one was there and once again he was in his room. What was that? What hour is it? Grian looked over to the clock on his nightstand. Currently, it was 1:34 AM. He tried going back to sleep but every time he closed his eyes, he would hear voices and couldn't sleep. Fine then. I won't sleep, I guess. Grian sat up, still in his bed, and looked around but nothing caught his eye. Grian sighed and thought. I wish Scar was here... Maybe he could help me to fall asleep... He would probably think I'm weird. We only have reconnected for 4 days, yet it seems like we were never separated. He's disgusted by you. He could never like such a freak. He's a prince!  He needs and deserves the best and you're just in his way. You should just end everything. Run away or something.

Grian flopped down on his pillow and tried to silence those thoughts. Both of them. Tomorrow I will talk to him. After that... it seemed like he was avoiding me. He probably regrets everything. I feel so bad for him... Stuck with me. Should I just... Grian rolled over and looked out of the window. Grian stood up and went to his closet to find some clothes. He pulled out some jeans and a blood-red sweater. He put them on and walked out of his room. He slowly closed the door behind him with no noise, the years of practice paid off. He was at the end of the stairs when someone touched his shoulder. He quickly turned around ready to punch someone. 

"Hello there." It was Scar who smiled at him sweetly. "You scared the life out of me."  Scar remained smiling. "What are you doing up so late?" "I could ask the same question." "Couldn't sleep." Scar chuckled. "Jinx." Both of them quietly laughed. "Do you want to go to the garden?" Grian nodded. He would agree to anything if it only meant spending time with the prince. "Let's go then." With that Scar took Grian's hand. Grian felt a wave of shock go through his entire body and that made his face go deep dark red. Good thing that the only light was the moon, coming through the windows. They walked hand in hand through hallways and into the garden. Scar looked at Grian and smiled widely. "Can I take you to another very special place to me?" Avian cleared his throat before speaking. "Sure."

Still hand in hand they turned left to a small pathway. It was so hidden away that you could only notice it if you knew it was there. That path led them to a little forest and that scared Grian but he trusted Scar. Speaking of Scar, he was awfully quiet, but nothing seemed out of order. They continued walking for a while before reaching an opening to a flower field. It was beautiful. The field was covered in his favorite flowers and poppies. Scar not letting go of his hand picked a purple lilac and put it in his hair. "The most beautiful flower, to the most beautiful boy." Grian's face once again went as red as his sweater. He didn't know what to say he just smiled. 

The elf once again started walking, dragging Grian behind him. As they were walking Grian managed to catch up and now they were walking side by side. Scar slowed down a bit when he saw Grian struggling to catch up. "Need help, little man?" "If you could carry me to the place that you want me to show, it would be great," Grian replied sarcastically but Scar took it as a challenge and picked the shorter man bridal style. The avian was caught off by surprise and couldn't say a word. "Better? Shortie." "Let me down you- you..." The elf smirked while continuing to walk. "Yes?" "Elf!" Scar laughed. "I am indeed an elf." "Let me down!" Grian couldn't lie, it felt good being in the prince's arms. "Nope! You're trapped until we reached the place." Grian fake grumbled a bit while hiding his smile. After a little bit of walking, they reached a small hill and Scar began climbing it while Grian still being in his arms. "Let me down. It's hard for you." "It's okay. Don't worry." Scar did look okay but Grian couldn't help but feel guilty. 

When they reached the top, the elf slowly sat Grian down and sat next to him. "How do you like the view?" "It's amazing."  You could see the entire flower field and the moon was shining brightly making Scar look enchanting. Scar smiled while looking at Grian. "I'm glad you like it." They sat in comfortable silence, but the elf broke it. "There should be a meteor shower in 20 minutes... do you want to wait for it?" Grian nodded. It was getting colder by the seconds, but Grian wanted to see a meteor shower. "Can I hug you?" "Yeah." Scar side-hugged him. There was a bit more silence before Scar began talking. They talked for a while but for them, it seemed like seconds. Before Grian knew he was laying in Scar's lap and him playing with the avian's hair. 

They continued talking but something caught Grian's eye. It was a falling meteor and Scar quieted down. At first, there was only one but there were more and more of them. It seemed like magic. It was so beautiful. They stayed in silence and just admired the night sky. They stayed like that for half an hour just being blown away by the beauty of it. But it started to get freezingly cold and Grian shivered. "Let's go. You're cold." Grian sat up missing the warmth, but Scar stood up and took his hand. They began walking back to the castle. They slowly made their way through the field of flowers and the little path all the way to the castle. When they reached the stairs Grian thought Scar would say goodbye and go to his room, but he continued to go towards Grian's room. "Won't you go to your room?" "I will. But I wanted to make sure you don't get lost in this big, scary castle." Grian smiled and rolled his eyes. 

They reached the avian's room and Grian was ready to go in when he felt someone grab his wrist. He turned around to see Scar being red-faced. "Can I- Can I kiss you?" Grian's heart began to beat even faster and his face for the third time was red. Someone in his head screamed that it was a mistake, and it was wrong, but he ignored the voice and nodded. Scar took a step closer and pulled Grian in by the waist. Their faces were only centimeters apart, Scar cupped Grian's face with one hand and pulled their faces closer. A lot of people said that a kiss with your loved one will feel like fireworks, but it wasn't close to that. It felt like a volcano erupting and thousands of electroshock being sent through his body. It felt amazing. Scar pulled away and smiled. "I wanted to do this so badly." Grian smiled, he was at a loss for words. Scar just kissed me! He just kissed me... Grian felt out of it. And couldn't sleep for the rest of the night but something deep down screamed that he messed up and he is in danger.

____________________________________

Ello! I'm sorry if there will be lesser updates, my school started and all of that stuff so... How did you like the chapter? Also is it obvious that I know literally nothing about kissing and love?

-Ollie :]