Chapter 20

{Day 10}

Grian was going towards his room when he heard something whispering. He slowly walked towards the sound when he suddenly found himself in a strangely familiar place, but he couldn't tell why. The blonde saw the thing from his dreams, but it looked different... It had more human-like features. It was crying. Grian walked towards it. Probably a stupid idea... 

"Hello?" The thing didn't react, just continued sobbing. Grian looked at the thing closer. It had beautiful dark purple wings covered in dark red blood. All of a sudden door behind the creature was swung open and another thing walked in. It was much bigger than the one on the floor, towering over the smaller one. "ᓭℸ ̣ ᔑリ↸ ⚍!¡" The thing spoke in a weird tongue, just like in his dreams. Grian noticed he wasn't in the castle, but this place seemed weirdly comforting to him. But at the same time, it brought a feeling of dread with it. "ᓭℸ ̣ ᔑリ↸ ⚍!¡, ╎ ᓭᔑ╎↸"  The smaller creature stood up. "∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ∴ᒷ∷ᒷ ||𝙹⚍ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎リꖌ╎リ⊣  ?!" The smaller one was looking down at the ground. 

"╎'ᒲ ᓭ𝙹∷∷|| ⎓ᔑℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ∷, ʖ⚍ℸ ̣..." The bigger thing slapped the little one. "ꖎ𝙹𝙹ꖌ ᔑℸ ̣ ᒲᒷ ∴⍑ᒷリ ||𝙹⚍ ᓭ!¡ᒷᔑꖌ  !" The smaller one raised its head. "╎'ᒲ ᓭ𝙹∷∷|| ! ╎'ᒲ ᓭ𝙹∷∷|| ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ╎ᓭ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ∴ᔑ|| ╎ ⎓ᒷᒷꖎ ! ╎'ᒲ ᓭ𝙹∷∷|| ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ↸╎ᓭᔑ!¡!¡𝙹╎リℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍. ᔑꖎꖎ 𝙹⎓ ||𝙹⚍∷ ꖌ╎リ⊣↸𝙹ᒲ !" It sounded sad. It received another slap. Grian wanted to step in, but he couldn't move or speak. He was sure they couldn't see him either. There was nothing he could do, except watch. "ᒲ|| 𝙹∴リ ↸ᔑ⚍⊣⍑ℸ ̣ ᒷ∷ ʖᒷℸ ̣ ∷ᔑ||ᒷ↸ ᒲᒷ ... " The bigger one turned around and immediately turned back. "╎'ᒲ ʖᔑリ╎ᓭ⍑╎リ⊣ ||𝙹⚍. ╎ ᔑᒲ ʖᔑリ╎ᓭ⍑╎リ⊣ ||𝙹⚍ ! ⊣ᒷℸ ̣ 𝙹⚍ℸ ̣ ! ⊣ᒷℸ ̣ 𝙹⚍ℸ ̣ リ𝙹∴ ! ╎ ∴𝙹リ'ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑ⍊ᒷ ꖎ╎ℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ꖎᒷ ↸╎∷ℸ ̣ || ⎓ᔑꖎꖎᒷリ ᔑリ↸ ⎓ᔑ⊣ᓭ ╎リ ᒲ|| ꖌ╎リ⊣↸𝙹ᒲ ! ↸𝙹リ'ℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍ ↸ᔑ∷ᒷ ᓵ𝙹ᒲᒷ ʖᔑᓵꖌ ! ╎⎓ ||𝙹⚍ ↸𝙹... ╎ ∴╎ꖎꖎ ꖌ╎ꖎꖎ ||𝙹⚍ ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑ ᒲ|| 𝙹∴リ ⍑ᔑリ↸ᓭ !" 

The smaller one fell on its knees and clutched the bigger one's cloak. "!¡ꖎᒷᔑᓭᒷ, ⎓ᔑℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ∷ ! !¡ꖎᒷᔑᓭᒷ ! !¡ꖎᒷᔑᓭᒷ ↸𝙹リ'ℸ ̣ ! ╎ ∴╎ꖎꖎ ⎓𝙹ꖎꖎ𝙹∴ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ∷⚍ꖎᒷᓭ! ╎ ∴╎ꖎꖎ ʖᒷ ʖᒷℸ ̣ ℸ ̣ ᒷ∷ ! !¡ꖎᒷᔑᓭᒷ !" The big one snapped its fingers and a purple flame appeared in its hands. It threw the flame at the little one, knocking it out. "リ𝙹 ⎓ᔑꖎꖎᒷリ 𝙹リᒷ ∴╎ꖎꖎ ℸ ̣ 𝙹⚍ᓵ⍑ ᒲᒷ ..." 

Everything blurred. When Grian got his vision back, he looked around. He was in a completely different place than before. It was pitch dark, but this time he could move. There was no solid ground, so Grian just floated around. He saw something in the distance. He couldn't make out what it was, but this looked like to be the only thing in what seemed like forever. Grian started to make his way toward the thing. It looked like a person. But they seemed to have something around that was protecting them from Grian getting any closer. 

Grian was looking around when abruptly the silence and dark were disrupted by a loud sound and blinding light. A cut was made in the never-ending darkness and out of it came a creature. It looked like the ones from the previous scene. It went through the barrier that was restricting Grian from getting closer. "Grian..." It said his name. Grian was freaked out. What?  It placed its hands on the person. "No... You aren't real... Go away!" The creature backed away. "What do I have to do for you to believe me?" The person didn't open their eyes. "Grian..." The person opened their eyes. 

"Taurtis?" Taurtis smiled. "Grian..." They hugged while bright smiles were blooming on their faces. Grian finally let go. "What are you doing here?!" Taurtis didn't stop smiling. "I came here for you! I can get you out of here!" Grian's smile fell. "No... I can't get back... My father will kill me!" Taurtis's smile fell a bit but came back quickly. Sadness could be seen in his eyes. "I found a way. I can make you human! You can be happy! You can have a great life." 

Grian wasn't sure. "What do you mean?" "I found a book. It gave me answers. It gave me a solution!" Taurtis straightened his hand towards Grian. "Just come with me..." Grian hesitated a bit but took his hand. Once again, a cut was made making everything white and blurry. 

Grian stood up and rubbed his eyes. Where am I? He heard something boiling behind him. He turned around and saw Grian and Taurtis. They were standing next to a cauldron. "And now the final ingredient. Wait here." Taurtis left leaving only Grian and Grian in the dark room. After a couple of seconds, Taurtis came back holding a knife. "What are you doing?" Grian looked at him worried. "The last ingredient... A soul." "What?!" Taurtis raised his hand and... A dark blue thing flew out and flew into the cauldron. Grian fell to his knees sobbing. He held a bloody Taurtis in his hands. Grian covered his mouth. What is happening? What sick dream is this? 

The door to the room opened. Taurtis walked in. "Uh... Now that's a view..." Grian immediately looked up. "What?" Taurtis smiled awkwardly. "You know how most of us die in school fights?" Grian nodded his head. "Well, I didn't. I knew I will need my life for something more important than to show off." Grian stood up quickly. "Goodness me! You could've told me! I-" Grian punched Taurtis's arm. "That's for scaring me so much." "Sorry..." Grian hugged him. "I'm just happy I didn't lose you..." Taurtis hugged Grian back. They let go of each other. 

Taurtis took a glass and filled it to the brim with a liquid from the cauldron. He handed it to Grian.  "When you drink it, you will feel a bit of pain. And it all will be over. You will be on earth. You won't remember anything. But I promise to visit you someday." Grian put the glass on a table next to him and squeezed Taurtis. "Thank you..." Taurtis embraced the hug. "No problem..." They fell into a comforting silence. 

Taurtis let go. "You should probably drink it. They will find us soon." Grian let go of him and took the glass. "To the bottom." He lifted the glass and drank it all. "See ya soon..." Taurtis looked at him sadly. "Yeah..." Grian collapsed. You could see big tears streaming down Taurtis's face. "Will meet you..." He turned around and walked out. Grian's corpse was slowly eaten by the ground leaving only a broken glass. 

"Grian?" The blonde opened his eyes. He saw Scar standing in front of him. "What are you doing here?" Grian looked around. "I don't know... Where am I?" Scar looked at him worried. "You're in the castle, Grian..." Grian once again looked around confused. "This isn't home... Where am I?! What did you do?!" Scar backed away. 

---------------------------------------------

Hello my dear people! I feel so shitty for not updating for so long  :[ I was having an awful writer's block. But I'm back! I still don't know how much I'll update this, but I can promise you, I won't leave this unfinished!  

-Ollie :]

About the life's:

Watchers have 2 life's. Most of them use them in school fights to show off. The watcher kings are immortal, but once they step down from the throne they can be killed. Watchers can't die from old age, they can only be killed.