twenty eight

Briar

Planning a wedding is hard. 

But planning a wedding is even harder when you only have six weeks to plan it.

Vaughn and I already agreed that we were just going to get married at the courthouse. We both knew there was no point to have a big ceremony when we both had very little family. So we chose to just invite the few people we did have to share that part of our wedding with us. 

Then, we decided to hold a massive reception on the estate for the couple hundred who had to have an obligatory invite. Most people dreaded attending the ceremony part of weddings anyways, so we figured we could use this to our advantage and have a little bit of privacy for our big day. 

I did feel more than confident about our whole plan because Vaughn hired a wedding planner. A very, very expensive wedding planner, but I didn't mind, because it totally took the majority of the stress off me. We only got to meet him once before we left, but he seemed to really know what he was doing, and I felt confident enough to leave my wedding in his hands. 

But, we only got to meet him once because in a very Vaughn move, he surprised me with an engagement vacation to a private villa in Greece. Because going on a vacation is a totally natural thing to do when you only have six weeks to plan a whole entire wedding.

I tried not to stress about our impending nuptials as I had been for the first few days of the trip, but it was just knowing once we returned home, it would be straight chaos. The literal same day that the plane landed, I had a dress fitting and Vaughn had an appointment to get his tuxedo fitted. Then, in the following few days we collectively we had a cake testing, food choices, color schemes, a florist visit and much, much more. 

Vaughn told me he was fine with whatever the wedding planner and I chose, and assured me everything would be ready in time, and so I was finally able to cool down. 

I was in the back patio of the villa, sunbathing on a lounge chair with a view that was out of this world. My arms were stretched lazily above my head like a cat sprawled out in the sunshine, and I was drinking a can of some strawberry seltzer that was in the fridge when we got here.

I was in the clear to drink, because knew I wasn't pregnant. I had taken one of those early response pregnancy tests, and it was a negative. I was fine with not being pregnant, but I do think Vaughn was like expecting me to get pregnant on our first try. I could tell he was bummed out when I broke the news, but it made him feel a lot better when I reassured him that we would just have to keep trying.

I was watching Vaughn as he was standing inside the kitchen on a phone call, looking to be in strict business mode, his mouth set in a grim line. He must've felt my stare, because he looked outside through the sliding glass doors and ran his hand through his hair. 

I could tell he looked pretty stressed, even from my place outside, so naturally I decided to mess with him, and took my bathing suit top off. I made sure to make a show of it, leaning forward and reaching my arms back behind me to untie the knot on my neck first, and then my back.

I felt his intense gaze on me as I let the article of clothing drop to the cement, and I leaned back against the chair, but not before grabbing my breast, running my thumb over my nipple. I tugged on my sensitive tip while clenching my thighs, as I took my free hand and traveled all the way to my bikini bottoms, lifting the edges in a teasing motion.

I watched in enchantment as he ran a hand over his jaw and mouthed, "Keep going."

I reached over to untie the ties on the side of my hip, and as the fabric fell away I looked into the kitchen and saw he was still on the phone. I spread my thighs and moved my hand back down my stomach, then down further to slowly circle my clit, throwing my head back in a dramatic showing. I knew he wouldn't be able to between my legs from his angle, so I shot him a knowing smile, as I watched him watch me. I looked away after a minute, silently urging him to come outside. 

After a few moments I saw the door sliding open, and watched as Vaughn took large, calculated steps toward me. I heard him say something in a low voice, but I remembered I didn't have my hearing aid in, "I don't have my hearing aid in." I informed him. As he approached me, he placed his finger under my chin, making me face him, "You having fun?" He asked, and I smiled back with a shrug, "A little, yeah."

He pressed a soft kiss to my lips, and moved to sit down by my legs. I figured he was going to at least try and assist in some way, but he just sat there, keeping his skilled hands to himself. I spread my thighs and looked at him expectantly, but he only grinned smugly, "Oh, don't mind me. I'm just going to watch." 

I let out a frazzled laugh. "Well, then it's not going to happen." I told him, and his face softened, "What do you mean?"

"I've never finished the job by myself." I told him, and his face turned downward, "You've never made yourself come?"

I felt my cheeks heat at his words, and I shrugged my shoulders, "With my fingers? No. But, I did have this vibrator at my apartment-" I began, and he went to pull me closer to him, but I quickly got up, "I'm going to go take a bath," I informed him, wrapping a pool towel over my shoulders, "And if you think you can behave, you can come join me." I teased, and he stood to his full height, and tossed me over his shoulder.

He carried me back inside the house, and got the bathtub ready. When we both sat inside the massive tub, we found it was a little more difficult to fit both of us in, as Vaughn was not a petite man, but we made it work.

We were only in there for just a few minutes before Vaughn washed my hair, and I did his. And after we were all clean, I leaned to snuggle into his thick chest, "Vaughn?" I hummed, ready to ask question that had been invading my mind for months, "Yeah baby?"

He ran a soothing hand down my back, and I leaned up to look at him, "Tell me the story of how you got your scar."

I felt him tense from underneath me, and he let out a breath of air. "Never going to let that one go, are we little lamb?" He asked, and I frowned up at him, "I want to know everything about you, the scar included."

He took a deep breath, placing my head back on his chest, "My father did it, you know that." He told me, bringing my hand up of the water, admiring the ring he put on my left hand. It was on our first day here that he presented me with a beautiful golden ring. It was a good sized uniquely shaped diamond without being obnoxious and overbearing, and it fit my hand very well.

He interlaced our fingers, "It was the first time I was ever tasked to kill someone, it was sort of my initiation into this life." He admitted, and I felt my heart drop to my stomach, "And you did it?" I questioned.

"I didn't want to. He was an innocent man, so I denied my father. He and I got into an argument, and he cut me in the face." He told me, "I was only thirteen years old."

"How did you become a made man then?" I asked.

"I proved myself other ways." He informed me, and I furrowed my brows, "Proved yourself how?"

His face remained solemn and unmoving, "I killed my father instead."

I felt a wave of sadness wash over me, tears leaked from my eyes. I gave his hand a little squeeze, and snuggled further into him, "You are the strongest man I have ever met, Vaughn. And I'm very sad that you had to go through all that." I told him, leaning up to place my hand on his face while giving him a soft, comforting kiss, "I want to be such better parents than we had." I told him, and he smiled down at me, "We will, baby. I promise."

We ended up finishing up the rest of the week in happiness, and when the week was over, I found myself not wanting to go back home.

•••

Thoughts?!