Chapter 11: Venture for Home

Siege [1]

= = =

Azur Lane Base HQ, Oahu - Third PoV

[June 21st 2019(2409) | 0840 Hours (Hawaii Hours)]

After the event that happen yesterday, things on the island base began to settle down. Look above, many began their work or study but due to this day being nearing the weekend, Mobile decide to go through with what he had and it all started in his office.

The view move and stops outside of the office window with Mobile looking out and holding a cup of coffee in his hand. Taking a sip reminded him how much he have longed for his home.

*Ra-Beep*

Today's routine was the same as usual, starting with him being briefed by his XO and then having her carry out his order while he files documents and meets with the Admiral for a meeting later this afternoon. 

Mobile: Enter.

On cue, the door sides open and just as mentioned before his XO came in with a pad in her hand.

Koharu: Tennessee's fleet-wide security analysis, Ranger's carrier efficiency, and Pennslyania's command report.

Mobile: Did we have a passing score?

Koharu: Barely, they want this presented to the staff.

She said while Mobile take a look at results on the pad and with anything morale is one thing but fighting was another thing altogether. Ever since, his arrival, most of the Union hierarchy went through a few changes with the first being the chain of command by the usage of rank so that one didn't overstep it. Unlike the Royal Navy as the Nobel and Command would often results in a clashes on whose in charge.

Mobile: Put them on the scheduled agenda.

Koharu: We'll also detect a class 2 Haar that will be passing us in the next few days, scan report traces of Hydrogen, Radioacty particle, and ionic charges - I'm not sure if we should send someone to investigate it.

Mobile: At the very least, we should dispatch a survey team to the area, have them for a look and let's get a full range scan once it's close enough on our scope.

The XO nodded and leave the office making her way toward the nearby turbolift, and her destination is Ops.

Koharu: We'll go to a level three analysis of the haar. Washington, get a survey ready and assemble an away team. 

Washington: Hehe, copy that.

Koharu: Louis, start continuous scans.

St. Louis: Ops to Radar Con.

Comm[Radar Con]: Radar here, Go ahead, Ops.

The scene changed to the base's radar room, where most of the observation of the entire base was monitored through a control tower close by and in between the port and docks. The one who respond was Helena as the morning hour it's was her shift after the last person responsible for the night shift become absolutely a drag.

Comm[Ops, St. Louis]: Any chance of increasing the resolution on the scanner? The captain or admiral wants to get a better look at that haar coming up nearby at northeast from here.

Helena: Understood.

After receiving the request, Helena fetch a nearby pad and began to write down a prescription as well as set a pre-work frame for the modification. It wasn't just her alone, the room have at least 5 people running it in a single shift, currently, there were Helena, Independence, Columbia, and two new faces.