Forty Eight

A/N: This chapter took me exceptionally long because I got so distracted by the fun research and also felt so envious of people who can/are travelling that I kept watching videos and getting lost in the eager summer vibe that this chapter is so full of. Apologies for the wait! And thank you for being patient.

Above is my favorite chill summer/beach vibe track from Haikyuu and every time I listen to it I think of clear waters, beautiful skies and watermelons hahaha. 

Also, while researching about summer outfits and stuff like that I came across this character from Tears of Themis (it's an Otome game, I think). His name is Vyn. I'll attach an image below. 

I came across his summer outfit (I'll link it in the next chapter when it becomes relevant) and then backtracked to what he's depicted to wear every other day and felt like HOLY SHIT that's exactly how I imagine Vanilla to dress and he even has th...

I came across his summer outfit (I'll link it in the next chapter when it becomes relevant) and then backtracked to what he's depicted to wear every other day and felt like HOLY SHIT that's exactly how I imagine Vanilla to dress and he even has the glasses and and and and the snow-like hair and and and oh my god he looks perfect eep. AND HIS NAME ALSO STARTS WITH V hahahaha. Unfortunately, I don't play Tears of Themis but good god, does he make me want to play it. LOOK AT THAT WAIST. SO TINY. SO SLIM. WOW. 

Anyways. 

I'm taking a couple of days off the coming week for some alone time in a nice hotel where I can relax in peace and I'm bringing my laptop for some chill time and writing!

Next week's chapter will be the special AU I've been wanting to write for some time: the college AU with FigureSkater!Vanilla and IceHockeyAce!Leroy. Finally. Although I know some of you have been looking forward to the Hitman!AU too but unfortunately the college one won by a slim percentage ;-; I hope you'll still look forward to the special next week!

Enjoy.

__________________________

[Vanilla]

Thank goodness Chef Pao and Amelia were in the right mind not to simply allow an idiot the privilege of wearing the toque blanche. Though I was, admittedly, rather pleased by the portion of risotto he'd saved for me, I'd attributed half the positive sentiment to my hunger and his silly attractive face. Still, remaining objective in the final verdict was necessary and eliminating all bias, I couldn't see Leroy's dish being exceptionally stunning. Siegfried and the others were impressed, yes—the split-second innovation, the flexibility and knowledge of ingredients, the textures and immaculate flavors combined—but the kind of standards I'd held him to were incredibly high and, well, for good reason!

Flirting, teasing, staring openly across the room with a mic at his collar and cameras rolling; the audacity of this man was beyond the comprehension of mere sane human beings like myself! It was with great resilience and control that I managed not to toss a head of broccoli in his direction.