Fifty

A/N: Hewo everyone!!!! The chapter is approximately 3.5k words but I honestly could've made for more but it would've had to be left on a bigger cliffhanger so I decided not to and settled with this instead HAHAHAH. Thank you for waiting. There were many sweet comments on the chapter last week and I'll take some time to reply them since I haven't done that in a while. 

I think I'm almost ready for the big big chapter that's happening soon which is kind of like the exhilarating climax but I'm going to make sure everything is set up for it so that it's built upon well.

Unfortunately, I'd also missed Vanilla's birthday special because of how busy I was these couple of weeks BUT I'm doing a vote on Instagram once again to decide! I don't know for sure when I'll be able to complete it but I'll let you guys know the results of the vote once it's complete hehe. If you'd like to vote, you can follow me at hisangelchip on Instagram!

Enjoy.

_______________________ 

[Leroy]

What's next after a swim?

A massage.

Feel free to disagree but all I could really think about for the rest of the evening after a good fucking meal and cocktails was having the  knots in my shoulders loosened up with the help of some magic hands. My body felt heavy and the arms attached to my torso were practically deadweight after an afternoon in the reef despite the stretches we did beforehand. Good thing the exhaustion reduced my general awareness of cameras and mics in a way that made half the shoot bearable. Almost pleasant, even.

It eased my mind into a state of instinct, narrowed in on sponging up prep methods invented by local villagers who ate fish like this on the daily. My head was so close to saturation that by the end of the day, I was fool enough to put in a request for said massage.

I guess the proper way was to fill up a form with some info and book a timeslot or something but... I'm VIP, so. "Can I get a massage, it's for health reasons."

Of course, he agreed. "A massage?? Goodness, Leroy. You've gotten a fair bit worse at lying—health reasons my foot. Any more candid and you could've induced a stroke. Mind you, there are mics everywhere up on the deck. But... but, yes." He said after adjusting his glasses and looking away­. "I'll see you in my room."

Naturally I was gonna be doing more than just seeing him in his room but before all that seeing was an hour-long wait of standing around, wrapping things up, and attending the director's debrief about tomorrow's challenge shoot. They dismissed the chefs soon after and I was speed; heading back to my room to fetch a set of clothing and dog treats for a night of 'seeing' and snowing.

I was getting ready to head back out less than a minute after returning to my room when the other chef rooming with me stopped for something like a conversation. It was confusing. He was kinda just... standing there in the middle of the doorway, looking into the room and waving when our eyes met.

"Are you going somewhere?"

"... just walking my dog." Reasonable excuse. Although Chicken looked pretty much exhausted after a day of running around on the deck but Pierson wasn't going to pry. Was he. Hope not.

"Oh! Right," he shuffled his feet but didn't quite get out of the way. "Sorry. I just wanted to ask if you've... you know, decided on your team. For tomorrow."