Fire on Ice (2/2)

A/N: Ehuehuehue I had so much fun writing this AU! Next week will be back to plot as usual hehe sorry for the wait and thank you for being patient. I do do hope you like the college skating AU as much as I had fun writing these two shits. 

I'm thinking about future AU options (which will probably come during Halloween week I suppose?) and the next vote will probably be between the Hitman!AU and the Teacher!AU (Vanilla is the mathematics dean and Leroy is the gym coach/swimming instructor but that's also very similar to Chip and Xander's canon so I'm not sure if anyone will enjoy that) >< so I'm still thinking about it!  If you have any suggestions, you can let me know in the comments or a random Instagram DM works fine too hehe.

Enjoy!

Edit: OH NO EEP I completely forgot to include a photo of a Biellmann Spin! /.\ here is Yuzuru Hanyu in a Biellmann. I think Michael Martinez is another athlete who does BEAUTIFUL Biellmann spins really but I couldn't find a nice image of him (there's videos on YT showing him executing a perfect spin though so if you're interested in learning more about figure skating please check those videos out) okay that's all I wanted to add. 

_________________

Leroy always thought he was a fast motherfucker on ice.

He wasn't wrong. What prompted him to question this paradigm he had in his head after years of being unbeaten at his game was a single request made by his companion of the evening: skating backward.

It did not surprise Leroy when he so effortlessly crossed the finish he and Vanilla had agreed upon a full two seconds ahead of the latter on their first round of the race, earning him the first point and a rare smile from his companion.

"How's that?"

"Quaintly impressive." Leroy didn't know what the first word meant but at the very least, he was familiar with the second. "You skate as though you've eliminated all fear of falling even without the safety equipment you're used to... it is both foolish and awe-inspiring. Therefore quaint. It means unusually attractive."

Leroy quite liked the company of a walking dictionary. It was both convenient and actually pretty hot. "... so you're attracted to me?"

"No you idiot, your skating," huffed Vanilla, looking away whilst drumming elegant fingers against the railings of the rink. "Enough talking. It's time for round two now." He positioned himself in a manner that had him facing the ice hockey player leaning against the barrier. It took Leroy a couple of seconds to figure out what that position meant and the crack of a smile—amused and riled—surfaced at the scent of a challenge.