Chapter Three: Through The Gates Of A Dream

Chapter Three: Through the gates of a dream

I tripped over another rock for the third time today and it was only morning. Wait, let’s rephrase that. I clumsily fell off another boulder and/or tree that I wanted to climb for the 68th time during my third day of walking and it was only dawn. My body was covered in dirt because I had to bathe in a lake and I’m dehydrated because it is so fucking difficult to make clean water. Did you know you had to filter the water to get rid of most of the dirt out of it then boiled it for an hour or two? I’m starving and on edge because I can’t sleep on anything but the ground and this place is filled with so many poisoned berries I have to eat like a squirrel, literally.

And to top it all off it was the squirrel (Who we have named Obito because the squirrel liked it and I just love the anime Naruto) who was the one who taught me. Yes, he taught me which berry was poisonous or not, he taught me how to retrieve clean water and he is currently teaching me to climb since this body was too stubborn to get the hang of this dimension. The boots? In fact, they actually make it simpler to climb, I’ve tested that theory, and they prevent my feet from aching!

“Obito, are you sure there isn’t something wrong with the fact that I’m not a dam squirrel!” I whined at him.

The fact that I’m complaining so much must mean that having a younger body and mind has finally changed the way I’ve thought and acted. I’m quite disappointed in myself; I thought I was better than that! Or maybe I’m just going slightly insane since I can communicate with a squirrel,

“Squeak-squeak squeaky-squeak-squeak.” His tone was very angered as we continued to walk.

I gasped at the foul language of the little furry thing, “What did you just call me? I am not incompetent! WHAT HUMAN CAN CLIMB USING ITS NAILS?!”

 “Squeak-squeak-squeak squeak-SQUEAK.” He threw his arms and little twig around the place as he ranted.

“What was tha-,” I shut my eyes as I feel once more.

Stupid foot had to be in the way. Why were we born with two feet anyway? It would be easier to walk like dogs; they don’t trip!

I remained on my face for some time. I was already too exhausted to open my eyes; let alone walk. The rising sun began to burn my back and Obito wasn’t making it feel any better as he jumped up and down on it. Did he think this would make me stand? No, it won’t, and just to prove how stubborn I was to do as he squeaked and get up, I rolled on my back. Of course Obito decided to retaliate to my silent message of: ‘No! I ain’t doing as you say and getting my ass off of the ground!’ He began to slap my face with his little twig, or as he liked to call it, sword, but I refuse to give in! I won’t lose. On the other hand…

I batted him of my body and inwardly laughed at his little squirrel scream as he fell. Ok, I couldn’t help it anymore, I had to laugh aloud at the sound of him falling, it was just too dam hilarious,

“Y-you – Ahahaha! Did-did you just hear yourself? You were like: ‘Ahhhh!’” I giggled as I attempted to impersonate him.

I stared at Obito; I knew he would be angry; he hates being treated any less than a strong-willed leader. I obviously don’t treat him like a leader; we argue too much for that, I believe I treat him more like a brother even though we only met three days ago. Ah, the bonds you make with animals.

My laughter began to stop as my eyes readjusted to the building behind the fuming Obito. Did I just say building? No, now that I look at it, it looks more like a familiar, gigantic gate surrounding a village. I starting thinking for a moment, letting the appearance sink in as Obito marched towards it, and I finally realised where I was. Konoha.