ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ

"Hey Mari, cut these onions up for me" my momma spoke.

I nodded with a smile, grabbing the cutting board and a knife, sitting them on the table. As she passed me the onions i sat them there too, going to wash my hands. Her Favorite song played out as Usher's 'Burn' started. Her distant song could be heard from the bathroom. The harmonization in her voice, the smoothness of her song... A blessing to the ear.

"Ain't it one good mothers day" She spoke in between her singing, as a laugh was heard. but then it went silent..

All of that stopped as a loud scream was heard.... multiple at that. I ran out of the bathroom... to be trapped in this small area.... a car? its like things played in reverse as everything was dark.. and i was back at the convenience store. The man holler, me brushing it off. Me getting back into the vehicle. Even as i knew what was going to happen i had no control over my body, or actions at that.

Passing my little siblings the food... my hand shaking faster than normal. A tear drop brushing my inner eye. my mouth shivering, wishing to be able to speak... the car started once again... and we drove off. the same conversation, the same direction. It all hurt because... i'd lose her again. I'd experience that hurt again. And Oh did i hate it.

The arguing started... but... now i could speak???

"please daddy... stop this." i said as he looked at me... the talking stopped. the yelling. his emotion went dull. As if he saw a ghost. a few minutes went by in this awkward silence. no movement... until i started again. It's like i pressed pause and someone came and pressed play. but it went faster.. like it was on a speed play. and BOOM. he took the will in his hands. swerving over into the traffic which held cars. the inside of our car smashed. Mom unconscious, bleeding from every inch of her body.

This time i saw it all. I saw the hurt. My eyes weren't closed. I got the answer to my question that i always asked. "What Happened?"

Then i woke up to a gasp and cries.

It was me... crying, sweating, and confused.

I felt it all over again... but the only difference was... i had people by my side. My siblings rushed into the room in comforting mode. Im always thankful for them.. and i started to calm down. But why did this happen? I never had dreams like this... what's going on...?