Chapter 38 | A Breakdown

NYX MANSON

I LAY BACK on the bed and close my eyes in an attempt to relax. Ever since we had sex two weeks ago, Vincenzo has been on me hotter than the sun on my skin. The man has such a high sex drive, but I’d be lying if I said I don’t like the way he fucks and makes love to me. 

I’m surprised I haven’t passed out during one of our many energy exhausting sexual encounters. The only reason I’m not moaning his name right now is because his brothers are in the penthouse, much to his dismay, but I like having them here.

Though, his brothers sleep just across the hallway, that didn’t stop him from pounding into me last night. He let them hear me first, amused by the sounds I was making for him, then ran me a bath once he thought I had enough.

I woke up to his brothers commenting about what I was doing with their older brother this morning. I was past the point of embarrassed.

“Fiamma.” I slowly turn my head and open my eyes to see Vincenzo standing next to our bed.

I tiredly smile up at him. “Hey, wh—” I suddenly feel sick, my hand shooting up to stop him from speaking. I bend forward, trying to breathe, but it makes my sudden sickness worse.

“Baby? What’s wrong?” He tries to reach out to me, but I jump up from my chair before he can reach me.

I run towards our bathroom as my stomach growls and turns violently. Vincenzo follows me into the bathroom and closes the door behind me as I slump over in front of the toilet bowl.

Not caring that he’s behind me, I stick my finger down my throat and my breakfast comes back up. I cough painfully, my stomach aching. Vincenzo stands over me and slowly rubs my back while I embarrassingly cough up my breakfast.

Once I’m done coughing my lungs into the toilet bowl, I flush everything away and sit on the bathroom floor with my head tilted back.

“Amore?”

“I’m not pregnant.”

He lightly chuckles. “I know, we’ve been using protection ever since the first time,” he states, slight disappointment in his hoarse voice. I close my eyes. “I thought you were getting better,” his tone becomes low as he speaks.

“I...”

“What’s going on? Baby, you don’t need to do this. You’re so beautiful.”

My eye twitches. “No, I’m not!” I shout, my heart aching. I suddenly feel sick all over again. I scramble closer to the toilet, and he’s by my side in a second, holding my braids out of the way.

I wretch all over again, and he rubs my back, whispering soothing words to me. I slump back on the cold bathroom floor, and he flushes the toilet. Tears fall from my eyes, but I quickly wipe them away.

Vincenzo stays quiet as I gather myself on the floor. I shake my head as I slowly stand and walk over to the sink. I silently brush my teeth, feeling Vincenzo’s worried gaze on my back. I rinse my mouth

“You should stop this,” he says. I roll my eyes. “No, this isn’t the time to get that little attitude of yours,” he spits out angrily.

“I don’t have a fucking attitude!”

“You’re hurting yourself and that hurts me!” He bursts and I shrink back a little. His expression softens immediately. “Sorry for shouting,” he sighs while rubbing his cheek.

I nod and turn away from him. “Just give me a second.”

VINCENZO MARTINELLI