10

Chloe sat in her room at Thea's. Things were hard and she hated it. She looked to see Thea as she walked in. Thea looked to her. "I spoke to Tom. He told me what you said to him," she said.

Chloe sighed.  "I'm sorry" she said as Thea sat on the bed next to her.

She wrapped an arm around her. She pulled her close and smiled.    "when I had Esmè, I vowed I'd do what I could to be a better mum. I didn't know I was pregnant. I just had a baby. But I swore I'd never be like mum and that means Esmè is loved and looked after more than we ever were. I am not going to let her bully you into going back if you don't want too. She bullied you into a lot of things.  I want you to know that she can try and call social services on me all that she wants. But I have done nothing and I'm looking after you. She is the one who should pay. You don't have to do anything that you don't want to do," Thea said  as Chloe looked to her sister and smiled.

Chloe hated the mind games that Rachel played with her. She knew how Thea was right.

Chloe knew that the last thing that she was going to do was to give Rachel what she wanted. Chloe knew that she couldn't do that.

****

Chloe got to school. She was stood in the hallway. She groaned as she looked to Rachel as she walked over to where she was.

Chloe looked to her. "I'm not coming home with you. And you can call social services on Thea. But unlike you, she's a good mum. She's looking after a baby that she didn't know that she was having. And she's looking after me and after all I have been through. You should do that," Chloe said.

Rachel looked to her and smiled. "Then come home. And I can do that," she said.

Chloe looked to her and sighed. "Don't you see it's too late? It's too late for us. Just stay away from me. I am not in the mood," Chloe said as she walked off.

Chloe knew that she couldn't deal with it anymore. She couldn't deal with Rachel.

She walked off down the corridor and sighed. She knew that she couldn't deal with Rachel and her issues.

****

Chloe sat in the common room. She looked to see Max Tyler as he wakes in. She looked to him and frowned. "Sir?" She asked.

Max looked to her and smiled. "I heard that you and Rachel had words. I wanted to see if you're okay. You don't deserve how she treats you," he said.

Chloe looked to him and smiled. "Thank you sir," Chloe said.

Max looked to her and nodded. "I wanted you to know. I'm here. No matter what," Max said.

Chloe smiled. "Thank you sir."

She had no idea just how Max Tyler was going to change her life. And it wasn't going to be for the best.