11

Chloe woke up and groaned as she grabbed her phone off of the side. She looked at all the messages off of Rachel and sighed.

She knew how Rachel wanted her to come home. But Chloe didn't want to.

Chloe didn't trust her. She knew that Rachel was her mum and all. But she had let her down before. And she didn't trust her not to do the same thing again.

She knew that with Thea and Tom it was safe and loving. They had Esmè and they were great together. They made her feel welcome.

Chloe got dressed for school. She walked down into the kitchen as she saw Thea who smiled. "Are you okay?"  Thea asked. 

Chloe looked to her and nodded. "I have been better. Things are easy. And I want to move on from the past you know but mum is mum. She won't stop texting me. Asking me to come home and I don't know," she said.

Thea looked to her. She smiled. "At the end of the day. It's your decision. But you are back in your feet here. You are happier and doing well in school. Mum was never home with you. And I don't want to say anything bad but.."

"It's okay" Chloe said.

Thea smiled. "Some people at the LEA have been talking. About how this brilliant headteachers daughter isnt living with her. It's a career move. That's all I am saying," she said. 

Chloe scoffed. "Sounds about right. Sounds like mum," she said.

****

Chloe got to school. She sat in the common room and looked to see Rachel as she walked in. "What do you want?" Chloe asked.

She wasn't in the mood to deal with Rachel. And she wasn't in the mood with her mind games.

"I wanted to speak to you," Rachel said.

Chloe sighed. "Why? Because the LEA have been asking question about why the headmistress daughter isn't living with her. I know that you don't care about me. It's always been your career," she told her. 

Rachel looked to her. She frowned "That's not true. I love you. And I want what is best for you."

"Yeah if that's true then leave me alone. And let me stay with Thea. I am doing better. At school and mentally. I can't live with you. Not yet anyway," Chloe said.

Rachel nodded and sighed. "If it's what you want," she told her. 

****

Chloe sat looking at her English essay. She looked up as she saw Max Tyler. She looked to him and smirked.

Chloe knew how things hadn't been easy. And how they had been getting closer.

"Are you okay Chloe?" Max asked as he sat with her.

Chloe nodded. "Sorry. I'm miles away."

Max nodded.  "That's okay. I spoke to Thea. And she was telling me how well you are doing. I am glad that you are doing better," he said.

Chloe smiled.  "Thank you sir," she said as he smiled.

Chloe knew that things weren't easy. And it would change. But little did Chloe know how she was soon find herself hooked on Max Tyler.