13

Chloe stood in the kitchen as she ate breakfast. She looked to Thea as she sat with Esmè. She smiled as she looked to her. She knew what a good mum that her sister was.

She knew that she just wanted to have a good relationship with her mum. But she knew what her mum was like. And she knew it was hard.

She knew how Rachel wanted her back home. But she knew that she was using her relationship with her sister against her. And she knew that she wasn't going to allow.

Thea was the one who was good to her and cared for her. And she wasn't going to let Rachel hurt her sister.     

"Hey are you okay?" Thea asked.

Chloe looked to her and smiled. "I'm okay. Things are hard with mum. I just don't know what to think or what to do when it comes to mum," she told her. 

Thea walked over to her and smiled. "Has something happened? You know that you can tell me."

"Mum said if I don't come home then she'll do you for kidnap. Which you never...I just don't know what to think," Chloe mumbled.

Thea nodded and sighed. "I'll deal with mum. Can you watch Esmè for me for a moment?" She asked as Chloe nodded.

She sat next to Esmè who was in her high chair and smiled. "You don't know how lucky you are. You have the best mummy ever and daddy," she said as Esmè looked to her and babbled away.

****

Chloe got to school. She was stood in the corridor and looked to see Max as he walked over to her and smiled.

Max didn't know what it was about Chloe Mason. But he knew that she had been through a lot. And he knew how Rachel treated her and he knew how he wanted to be there for her.

"How are you doing today Chloe?" He asked.

Chloe looked to him and smiled. "I'm okay sir, thank you. Things haven't been easy. But I am happy with my sister.  At least she pays attention to me. And she has a baby too so that can't be easy," she said with a shrug.

Max looked to her and smiled. "Athena is a good person. She loves you. She's a good mum. And if you ask me I think you'd better off there in the long run," he said as Chloe looked to him and smiled.

She knew that deep down it was what she wanted too.

****

Chloe sat in the common room. She knew how she was trying to focus on course work. But she knew it wasn't easy.

She knew how she was worried about what Thea was going to do when she seen Rachel for trying to blackmail her.

Chloe knew how she just wanted to be normal. And to have a normal life. But being the daughter of the head, she knew that was easier said than done.

What Chloe didn't know was just how her life was doing to change. And how it was all down to Max Tyler.