Syrax

Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen x Reader

Requested by Anon​

Halloween event

You stopped abruptly as you rounded a corner and came face to face with a golden dragon. Beneath it was a pair of boots, a satchel and a skittish-looking horse that bolted off when attention was drawn from it to you.

"Hello." You said nervously. Looking around you saw there was no rider and no one minding the dragon. As you turned tail and decided that your trip to the market could be delayed until a dragonless route was available, you realised it was following you. In fact. You made it all the way home before the dragon paused to swipe at a sheep in your neighbour's field.

"(Y/N)! What in the Seven Kingdoms have you found?" Your sister gasped as she hurried from the house.

"A dragon."

"I can see that I was not being serious! Why bring it home with you?" She asked and yanked you away from it while the dragon continued to snack on rather startled sheep.

"Well, it just followed me. What was I supposed to do? Spook it? Do we keep it now? YOu know I think it ate a guard on the Kingsroad." You asked your sister who was still staring at you.

"You watched it eat a fully grown man. Then you decide the logical thing to do. Would be. TO BRING IT HOME! What if it eats one of us." She hissed at you though she was whisper shouting it still caused the dragon to turn and look at you.

"I do not know! I've never seen one on the ground before. I shall try to lure it to the old barn and perhaps it shall sleep and fly home in the morning." Your sister watched as you approached the dragon and made the same noises you'd make if you were trying to lure a cat or encourage a horse to move. The golden dragon turned to you and stumbled along after you only to stretch out and sleep on half of the crop field.

"Well, at least it didn't eat us?" You offered up as she shook her head and went inside. You woke early the next morning to the sound of loud shouting. Hurrying to dress and head outside you stopped. You gawped at the silver-haired princess who was on a horse outside your door. She raised her eyebrows and though her face was expressionless you thought that she looked rather amused. Your neighbour was down the road arguing with a tall man in Targaryen armour with a dragon-shaped helmet.

"Your grace!" Your sister said and nudged you.

"Your grace." You mimicked politely.

"I am told you found Syrax yesterday?" She said as she dismounted.

"The big dragon? It ate a load of sheep and fell asleep in the crop field." You gestured to the princess the way you would have a friend and your sister froze, bowing awkwardly in hope of appealing to her. You led the way to Syrax who was sprawling over the crops and burning them a little.

"Thank you for the care you have given her. You will of course be more than reimbursed for your crops and the sheep she ate." The Princess said with a nod.

"Oh, it was nothing. No, bother at all." You said and smiled. As the dragon, roused by the familiar voice, approached you and gave it an affectionate pat on the snout like you were petting a dog. Your sister bristled and panicked but the princess was rather amused by the way Syrax made a pleased chuffing noise and leaned down so you could give her another pat on the snout.

"Well. It seems she is fond of you." The princess said as she approached Syrax and climbed onto her back. "A rider shall be here tomorrow afternoon with your reimbursement." She said before she led the dragon carefully away and took off into the sky.

"Well, that was exciting." You said as you hurried back towards the house.