Lord of flowers

Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen x Reader

Requested by Anon​

Halloween event

"What are you smiling about?" Alicent asked you as you passed by the gardens. Rhaenyra had her head in Alicent's lap and turned to look at you.

"Nothing." You said with a smile that you were clearly trying to keep off your face.

"It's that silly lord of yours, isn't it? What did you call them? Lord of the flowers for all the flowers they sent you?" Rhaenyra said with a haughty tone. Alicent jerked her leg and looked down at Rhaenyra as if to silently scold her.

"In their keep, they have planted a whole field of flowers just for me!" You said dreamily.

"Wise. I am sure that they will not regret the decision when winter comes and their people starve." Rhaenyra muttered as she fiddled with her fingers and did her best to look uninterested.

"They will starve?" You said with uncertainty.

"I am sure that there has been some sort of plan to ensure that wouldn't happen in place." Alicent assured you. Rhaenyra rolled her eyes.

"Oh good. They plan to replant the bulbs all along the road leading from the Kingsroad to their keep and along the part of the Kingsroad they plan to maintain." You gushed.

"This seems like your lord has found one interest you have and has fixed upon it like a cat with a mouse. Which never ends well for the mouse." Rhaenyra said as she looked at you again. You had come to sit beside her and Alicent and picked at the grass around you.

"Rhaenyra! (Y/N) likes their dear lord and they're rather sweet." Alicent scolded. Rhaenyra sat up and frowned at the both of you.

"You have spent a total of two hours with your sweet lord for all you know they're a murderer." Rhaenyra said as she gave you both a hard look. "You have no idea what this sweet lord could want. So far all he has offered is flattery. He avoids your father, he avoids events when my own father is present. Even my uncle cannot find anyone in the city who had truly seen or spoken to this lord. All asked, say they are uncertain who they are and that they can not recall them. You should be more cautious."

"You know all? You have never met them so how would you know they are so terrible?" You asked and she glared at you.

"Very well. I am to ride out to have lunch with my uncle this afternoon. Invite your lord and prove that they are sweet." Rhaenyra challenged.

"Very well." You said and rose, leaving in a huff. Alicent raised her eyebrows as she looked at Rhaenyra who, looking rather full of Targaryen pride, turned to the book Alicent had been reading.

"What are you and your uncle going to do with the lord of flowers?" She asked Rhaenyra.

"See how long it takes before the flower wilts under the heat of a dragon." She said simply and looked up from the book to find Alicent looking after you.

"Then I best come along. To ensure the wilting does not lead to burning." Alicent mumbled.