Respectable

Daemon Targaryen x Fem!Targaryen!Reader x Rhaenyra Targaryen

Requested by AnonRequest: Anonymous asked: "If only every family could be as respectable as ours." daemon and rhenyra with a targ reader (Fem) they have to cover up a murder together.Warnings: mentions of blood, death, murder

You stared at the lump of a human at the bottom of the staircase. You hadn't meant to push so hard. All you wanted was to be left alone. The sound of approaching footsteps made you panic but before you could leave a figure was looking down at the stairwell.

"I can explain." You said quietly. Daemon looked up and raised his eyebrows as Rhaenyra joined him.

"He's fucking dead! It had to be one of Otto's favourites. His father has been in meetings with him all day." She said, though she sounded more upset about having her evening ruined than at discovering a murder, accidental or not. You came down towards them but spotted a puddle of blood on one of the steps and stopped before it could get on your clothes.

"I had a good reason!" You complained. They both looked at you and you sighed. "Well not a good one."

"Go on then." She said quickly.

"He grabbed me. I pushed him away! He just fell a little further than I meant to." You explained. Rhaenyra sighed while Daemon chuckled until she nudged him. "It is not as if his family is very respectable." You said as Rhanyra gathered her skirts so she could step over the body and climb the stairs without stepping into the blood now dripping down the steps.

"If only every family could be as respectable as ours." Rhaenyra muttered. She turned and looked back at Daemon. "You can deal with this while I take (Y/N) to get cleaned up and find some way to explain that they were not together when he's found?"

"Of course." Daemon said as if he was offended at the idea that he wouldn't be able to cover up a murder.

"Come." She said and pulled you by the arm towards your chambers. She took you through hidden corridors and dark halls until the two of you were able to find your way to your chambers. She had you undress, burned your clothes and fetched a new one. She scuffed your shoes on the fire hearth to get rid of several blood splatters and muttered that you would have to make an effort to drag your feet in front of others to explain away the ruining of your new shoes. A suitable cloak was found and tossed about your shoulders and you were dragged back out of your rooms. The two of you managed to sneak through the keep without being seen and quickly took up thoughtful positions before Balerion's skull, lighting candles and talking quietly to each other. Suddenly there was a cry of alarm. Several guards passed by and one stopped to talk to the two of you.

"You must come with me. Quickly." He said nervously. His hand clutched the hilt of his undrawn sword. Rhaenyra rose to her feet and followed while you hesitantly stood.

"W-what is the matter?" You asked. He paled a little and let out a shaky breath.

"There is an assassin in the keep." He answered slowly. Rhaenyra gasped dramatically and clutched your arm, pulling you after the guard. Each time you went to ask more she would pinch your inner arm. "Prince Daemon!"

Daemon approached the guard who bowed and eyed him nervously. Daemon gave him a smug look and turned his attention to Rhaenyra. "I am instructed to escort you two to safety." He said quickly. The guard bowed and hurried off, leaving the two of you with Daemon who led the way to a set of rooms that were heavily guarded. You could hear shouting and arguing down the hall.

"Is it all...?" You started to say.

"Yes." Daemon said quickly. He was watching the guards for any sign of suspicion while Rhaenyra focused on looking appropriately worried. You tried not to think about what Daemon had done to make it seem as if an assassin was within the keep and stayed quiet as you waited for the all-clear decision.