You left, I followed

Rhaenyra Targaryen x Fem!Reader

Requested by Anon

Request: Anonymous asked: "If anyone asks where I am, I've left the country!" Rhaenyra Targaryen with female reader

Rhaenyra closed her eyes, enjoying the breeze that filled the room. She could still feel the prickle of sweat on her skin and the cool air eased her discomfort. The baby in her arms squirmed with determination.

"Your father shall be here soon to greet you." She muttered to the boy who gasped and gurgled in her arms. "He shall be upset that you came so soon. He was not here..." In truth, Rhaenyra was grateful that Daemon had taken the children to Driftmark. Bringing forth a child was hard enough without the pack of children that would demand to meet their siblings. Though they would return soon. It was later that afternoon that Daemon arrived. He hurried into the room with a contained exhilaration that threatened to burst out of him with each bounding step as if he were a father for the first time.

"The children?" Rhaenyra asked.

"There has been some trouble in Kingslanding so they have decided to stay with Rhaenys for a few days while Corlys travels to sit on the king's council." Daemon explained. Rhaenyra nodded and turned her attention to the baby as Daemon explained that the boys would return the next evening and the girls a few days after. Damon, having fussed over the baby and Rhaenyra for a good while, turned his attention to a serving girl to make demands for food to be brought among other things. Rhaenyra had been about to scold him as she wished to rest longer but both were interrupted by the door to the private rooms slamming open.

The baby began sobbing immediately at the sound while you swept into the rooms and gave the baby a dissatisfied look. "Which one is this?" You asked, having interrupted yourself and what you'd been saying when you burst in.

"We haven't named him yet seeing as he has not long been born." Rhaenyra said in a scolding, motherly tone.

"Another one? Did you not just have one in the spring?" You asked and she glared at you. Waving a hand you tutted as if it didn't matter. "If anyone asks where I am, I've left the country!"

You turned to give some short instructions to a nervous young woman who stood at the side of Rhaenyra's seat. She stayed still, glancing around the room as if she was unsure what to do until Rhaenyra nodded and she scurried away looking rather grateful at being able to leave.

"Who would be asking after you and why have you come here, if you're fleeing the country?" She asked and gave you a tired look. Daemon perched himself on the arm of the lounge chair that Rhaenyra was resting on, a grape rolling between his fingers as he watched you carefully.

"Must we talk of such dreadful things now? Where are my nieces and nephews?" You said quickly and grinned until Daemon scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"They're not here so there is no hiding with them." He said firmly as a group of servants hurried in with another tray of fresh foods, jugs of sweet wine and empty glass goblets. It was set on a table beside Rhaenyra who ignored it in favour of the baby in her arms who made several blubbering noises as she cooed over him. You made yourself comfortable in one of the chairs you knew Daemon preferred, picked at the food on the tray and thought over how best to answer as you kicked your feet up on a table nearby.

"I upset Otto." You answered finally. Rhaenyra scoffed at that and shook her head, smiling down at the baby quickly as her face darkened at your comment.

"Is that not the reason you stayed behind at the keep?" Daemon jested as he helped himself to a goblet of wine.

"They kept making demands of me so I left." You muttered and accepted a drink from Daemon who glanced at Rhaenyra. They shared a look, one of those looks where they both knew something about you that you were avoiding to address and they were silently talking about you. Having enough you thumped your foot on the table, making the baby jump, causing Rhaenyra to give you a withering look. Anyone other than you might baulk at the coldness on her face, perhaps even Daemon. But not you.