The Beast

Jennie suddenly sat up from the bed, eyes wide open staring at an empty space

Jennie suddenly sat up from the bed, eyes wide open staring at an empty space. Sweats are forming on her forehead and running down her chest, coating her white thin shirt.

"Dreamed about it again?"

Jennje raised her eyes and saw her right hand, Leo, in his human form, standing in the doorway and holding the doorknob, looking like he just opened the door.

Jennie just averted her eyes from Leo and heaved an exasperated sigh. She pushes her body down to the mattress, making a squeaking sound then pulled her blanket and covered her whole body. She no longer has any plan of sleeping and just wants to lie down while thinking of nothing.

"Do you want me to send a breakfast for you, Your Highness?"

Jennie removed the blanket over her head and just stared at the ceiling.

"No need Leo. I'll go and get one. Just inform Luca that we'll leave later after I ready myself."

"As you wish Your Highness," Leo uttered and vowed before leaving Jennie alone and closing the door.

Now that she was alone, her dream crossed her mind again.

Oh, right, today is my death's anniversary, at least that's what Taehyung and his bitch mother are thinking. Six years quickly passed since that nightmare happened. There's no way I will ever forget that day. There's no way I will ever forget what happened that night and everything that I heard. That event turned my whole life in a hundred and eighty degrees.

That event made my life a living hell.

A miracle? That's what the angel said when she and Jennie first met. Jennie can't even distinguish if they met in the real world or in the other world. And if they met in the other world, were they in heaven? In hell? She doesn't know. She can't fully remember what exactly happened that time or how that even happened. The only thing she can remember is what the angel said at that time.

 The only thing she can remember is what the angel said at that time