Fucking Wake Up

Lisa doesn't know how long it has been since her friends left to search for Jennie.

When they left, the sun was still out but the night was no longer young so Lisa was sure that it had been hours since she had seen them and they hadn't come back at least once. She's now starting to worry not only about Jennie but also friends.

Lisa kept mumbling prayers for Jennie and her friends to be safe and for return to the castle. She had planned to leave the castle to search for Jennie countless times already, but recalling what Leo said, she would always just end up going back to Jennie's room.

In the end, she decided to just stay in the room and hugged Jennie's pillow, sniffing the remaining scent of the feline-eyed girl that was left on the pillow.

Lisa was no longer crying. Her eyes automatically stopped shedding any tears, but it doesn't mean that she was no longer sad or feeling terrible about her current situation.

The frustration that she was feeling was actually becoming worse the longer it took for her to see Jennie again. Her chest was tightening the more negative thoughts ran into her head. She was nervous. She was worried. She was panicking. And the only way to get rid of those thoughts was to see Jennie again.

Lisa heaved a long sigh while staring at the full moon.

Inside Jennie's room didn't bother turning on the lights anywhere in this house. She was just sitting on a wooden chair, legs raised, placing her chin on top of the pillow that was put on top of her knees while staring at the moon.

The full moon was kind enough to illuminate some parts of her room, though she didn't really need it. She isn't talking to the moon or the stars. She was just simply staring at it, admiring the beauty of the moon and disregarding how it looked on the other side.

Lisa opened the window, allowing the sound of the owl and the cicadas to ease up the anxiety that she was feeling.

The whole castle was enveloped by a deafening silence. The only thing that Lisa could hear was the sound of the owl and some insects from the forest, making Lisa too sensitive to the sounds that she was hearing.

Lisa could feel her eyelids slowly becoming heavy, maybe because of all the crying that she did, but the creaking sound of the front door woke her mind. Her previously half-opened eyes opened widely again as she tried to analyze the sound, if it was just imagination or if she misheard something.

When Lisa heard the front door close, she jumped off the chair and threw the pillow onto the bed as she ran towards the front door, thinking that it was already her friends and maybe they were Jennie.

Her feet immediately stopped reached the end of the hallway that would lead to the common room. After a few seconds of running, Lisa had finally come face to face with the person who had just entered the castle, but it wasn't Leo or any of her friends.

They were nowhere to be seen.

*

*

*

Jennie snapped her eyes open and she was greeted by the moon that seemed like staring back at her. Jennie sighed as she slowly raised her upper body and put her arm on top of her knee, looking at the little grass that was growing around her.