#8; On the loose

-= POV; Y/N =-

"Sweetheart, there's a letter for you!" Hannah shouted upstairs. "I'm coming!" I shouted back as I stood up and walked downstairs.

Since that day Hannah found me I went to live with her for a short period of time until we found a new family for me. It turned out my mom had committed suicide when she heard what happened at college. She thought I died as well, but I'm alive and kinda well here. I miss her, but it's alright, now she has the peace she always deserved.

Hannah looked confused at my letter. She gave it to me. "Who's Jack?" I held my breath as I saw Jack's name on the letter. 'From Jack, to Y/N' it said. "He's a friend of mine, just before the incident he had to go home because of a family problem." I lied. Hannah's smile got back onto her face. "Well it's good to hear that someone you loved is still here." She said. I smiled back at her. "I'm going to do the grocery shopping now, I'll be right back, okay?" I nodded and waved her goodbye. As soon as she was gone I ran back upstairs to the guest bedroom where I stayed.

"Let's see Jack, what are you trying to do." I muttered to myself as I opened the letter.

"My dearest Y/N,

I hope you can forgive me for what happened. We used to be friends and I miss that time. I know what I did was bad, I'm sorry for that. How can I make it up to you?

With love, Eyeless Jack.

Ps. I love you"

I stared at the letter. Eyeless Jack, huh? I giggled. "Well Jackie, we'll see how long you can survive with me on the loose."

Suddenly the doorbell rang. I walked downstairs and opened the door, officer James was standing in front of the now opened door. "Hey Y/N, good to see you again." I nodded. "Is miss Black home?" He asked looking inside the house. "No, she's grocery shopping right now." I said. "We'll call her then, can you come with us please?" I nodded and walked outside with them, locking the door behind me.

There were 2 other agents here too. One female and another male. "Oh yeah, Y/N, these are officer Noa and officer Charlie. They help us solving the case." I nodded again and smiled at the officers. I wasn't really talkative after the incident, I usually just talked to myself and sometimes to Hannah.

"Officer, what are we going to do?" I asked the female officer, Noa, who was driving. "We're going back to the college, we got a hint that the killer is maybe still there." She answered. My heart dropped. "Why do I have to come with you then?" I asked in a slight panic. "You can show us where you were kept captive." Officer James explained. I let out a deep breath. "We're here." Officer Noa said as she stopped the car and got out. Officer Charlie and officer James followed, but I hesitated. "Come on, Y/N. You'll be fine, we're here to protects you." Officer Charlie said kindly. I nodded slowly and got out as well.

It was a mess, there was still some blood everywhere and it looked dirty over the outside walls. "Lead us the way." Officer Noa said, putting her hand on her gun. I walked slowly towards the dorm rooms. When we got inside I saw the body of the man that I had killed days ago. I felt the hand of officer James on my shoulder, comforting me. I sighed and continued walking around. I saw a shift behind a wall. I know it was Jack, I saw his blue mask.

"Is there something, Y/N?" Officer James asked. "No, it's nothing. I'm too scared to go further, but I think he's at the dorms. You can check there while I wait here." I said, turning to officer James with a soft smile. He sighed. "Okay, but stay safe. You can keep my gun until we're back. If you see him, don't think just shoot, okay?" I nodded and took the gun.

As they walked away I giggled while staring at the gun that I was holding. "Oh Jack~" I heard myself say once the officers were further away. I started walking around. "I know you're here Jack~" I giggled again. "Are we playing a little hide and seek?" I chuckled. I had fun for no reason at all. I suddenly heard something behind me. I turned as fast as I could and pointed the gun at Jack's face. He put his hands slowly up. I laughed. "You're pathetic, a little pathetic boy! Don't tell me you're scared of me, the fun is just about to start." I laughed again. "Please, Y/N, I just want to talk." He tried to sound calm, but I could tell he was nervous. "You should be happy," I started, "you made me into this." I laughed again.

I never knew, how crazy I really was until now. I could get my revenge, but I could also play a little, give him some hope, until the right moment so I can crush him.

"Please." He pleaded. I observed him from head to toe. I put the gun down. "Fine. Come with me." I said, I took his hand and pulled him with me towards the exit.

We were almost there when officer James got in the way "Stand still!" He yelled as officer Charlie and officer Noa blocked us in with their guns pointed at us. Officer James came walking up to us, he layed a hand on my shoulder. "Good job kid, thanks for bringing us the killer." He said, holding an eye on Jack. "No problem, officer." I smiled. "What?" Jack sounded betrayed. I just smiled at him. Officer Charlie and officer Noa tackled Jack to the ground and kept him laying down there while officer James took out his handcuffs and walked towards Jack.

I looked at them, and smiled. Officer Charlie took off Jack's mask. "What are you?" Officer Noa asked under her breath. "Something that should be locked up." Officer James answered her as he took another step closer towards Jack.

"Oh I don't think so, officer James."

-= A/N =-

ELLO PEEPS! :D
IT'S WEEKEND SO THAT MEANS THAT I'M WRITING AGAIN! WOOP WOOP!

and of course we left you on a cliffhanger, great.

JUST WAIT UNTIL NEXT CHAPTER, IT'LL BE REALLY ✨ JUICY ✨

... I don't even want to know.