2nd place~13

They won second place to their biggest rivals of all. They were lucky to be in top three at all, but coach still wasn't satisfied. She dragged Karma to a bathroom and locked it. She kicked, punched and slapped her all in her stomach blaming it on her wobbly leg on her last move. Even though 2 girls slipped up on their back handsprings coach went straight to Karma.

She got up next morning running to her bathroom making a book thud loudly. She coughed up a little more blood this time and couching excessively. She felt a bit weak but pulled it together hearing a knock on her door. "Hey Karm, you good?" Her brother asked waiting for a response on the other side. "Yeah yeah, probably just ate something bad last night."
"Well, get it all out we're leaving in about 2 hours. The team's here."
She responded and got her shit together. Karma took vitamin pills on the sink and splashed her face with water.

"Hey what are we wearing." Brooke said walking into Karma's room. "I don't know probably blue and red again."
"Ok so let me think." She said going to Karma's closet.

After 1 hour they finally started to get ready.
They also decided they didn't want to wear any color of today's team, but they were supporting both teams still.

Brooke☝️

Karma☝️

"Hey can I see how it's healing." She said going to lift her shirt but Karma stepped back. "It's fine, actually a lot better." She said walking past her before Brooke could get to say anything.
Karma saw the bus outside and red numbers everywhere. As she walked into the kitchen she saw Zion. He barely gazed her eyes and looked away. She felt guilt but for what?

The boys were in the locker room. There were tons of people out there and they would be until nightfall. Karma and Brooke were on the other side of the field getting drinks, water and everything else together.
"Here they come." Brooke said as cheering got louder and the two teams jogged out.
They huddled up even with the girls.
"Alright Bryce, Darrian, David, to the center, coin flip, you know how it goes Bryce." Daryl yelled over the noisey crowd. Karma handed him his helmet. "Don't be mean." He grinned planning exactly what he was gunna say. The two girls stood beside Coach with a few other team members watching as the boys walked to face each other.

"Warriors call it in the air."
"Tails."
"Enjoy it. It's the only thing you're gunna win all night."

"Yup, and he's already trash talking." Karma said rolling her eyes.
"Coach didn't let Harlan play in weeks." Brooke said watching as he sat on the bench.
"He's-."
"I got you Payton, we bouta eat, we bouta to eat good too." Daryl said making the girls roll their eyes and walk from beside him.

Here goes the formation. Bryce placing the ball getting ready to kick it.
And off it went, with Marcose getting a solid catch and taking off. Boys being tackled left right and center for him to get home.
"To the 30, the 20, 10. Touchdown Warriors!"
"Let's go Marcose!" A familiar voice shouted catching the girls' attention. "Isn't that little miss try hard."
Karma rolled her eyes and nodded at the name Brooke had for Hailey.

"Did he just sit like half the team." Brooke commented at the unequal boys on the field. Karma looked puzzled but went along with it for now.
"Ohhh, So you wanna make adjustments."
"Dad, stop embarrassing us." But he didn't listen he just kept going for the trash.

"He's gunna kill him." Karma said under her breath. She felt her chest pounding again and snuck away for no one to see.
She stumbled to the nearest sink or wherever. Karma pulsed a load of blood holding onto the side of the sink. She felt fucked up, and she didn't want to feel that way. Karma splashed her face with water multiple times and rinsed out her mouth.
She walked back out seeing Daryl doing a dance like they just got a point. "Dad." But he was distracted on the game. "Dad." She said again but it was like she was out from existence. She walked away from his side and went to the bench. She got an energy drink and turned her attention to the field. She saw number 2 on the field eyeing her in his starting position. He tackled 44 from the other team, point after point. It was the one and only Zion Buckley.
"Come on Conner!" She yelled as he tackled Zion a few times his self.
As the Porcupines scored one last touch down, that was the first half. Leaving The Warriors only 1 point ahead.

Karma looked over at Conner who looked like he'd been needed a break but was distracted as the team came off the field.
"That's the boy in the video." Bryce said as he got his bottle water. "Is it that obvious." She said sighing and sitting on the bench. He sat next to her while some of the team go into the locker room with Coach. "Z seems upset but I don't know."
"Where'd you get that idea from." He said sitting next to her and pulling her to lay on his shoulder. "You're the biggest player I know but it seems like you don't want to let me go."
"Karm, I let you go, there i said it, you're a teenager. Live life, have fun. I'm sorry if I made you cry that night, but you're my little sister and this is your first crush and it just went to my head because you're always under my wing." He said kissing her forehead. "Not too much fun but I think you should go talk to your lover boy." David said pointing. She got up and jogged quickly without saying anything.
"Con." But he was still walking. "Conner." She said grabbing his arm and making him turn to her. "Is that why he keeps tackling me hard." He said out of breath from previous events. It clicked, he saw Zion kiss her on the head. "Listen, Conner. It's not like that and will never be-"
"That's the first line girls always say." He said rolling his eyes not looking at her. Karma sighed and stepped closer to him, she lightly turned his head to look down at her. "He's a player, and Zion knows better not to play with me but I only want to be with one person Conner. You should know who that is." He stared at her light brown eyes that were barely in the light. Since they were under the stadium's walk way where no one but maybe across the field could see them. He leaned down and kissed her on the lips quickly. "I've gotta go, talk to you later. I've gotta deal with dad." He said walking off. She felt like she failed but would hold onto that later for dear life.