Hospital~15

A while later after Conner and his dad talked about him going to New Orleans to watch games they were now eating and talking about other things. Conner got a call from Brooke?
"Hey could you swing by the hospital. Something happened with Karma." She said. Conner heard all sorts of arguing in the back ground and replied.
He and his dad got up and he was rushing him to drive faster. "You really like this girl huh."
"Well- yeah, I suppose so." He said while his foot was bouncing rapidly.

"Karmaine Hall."
"Room 102."

"And you just tell us now? Karma what if she'd done worst!"
"Bryce I didn't know it would get this bad!"
"You didn't know and you have a collapsed lung Karma? Be fucking for real!"
"Zion!" Brooke said trying to push him out the room. "Don't you start, you knew everything and told no one."
"I was trying to help her!"
"In what way!-"

Conner watched it all unfold. Brooke, Bryce and Zion arguing amongst themselves, Daryl and Melanie frustrated by not knowing sooner and her. Karma layed in the hospital bed with tears pouring down her face watching her family go down in shambles.

Conner walked over to her passing everyone. It felt like the world was crumbling, everything was moving slowly.
"Hey hey, I'm here." He sat on the side making sure to watch the wires hooked up to her. Karma moved around a bit even if it hurt for him to get up with her. "I don't think I should be up there with you." "Well I don't want to be by myself." She whispered back. Conner sighed and got up carefully next to her. He rested back and she cuddled up onto his chest. Conner sighed and tried to comfort her with all he had in him. He held her hand that was hooked up with a couple wires and combed through her hair gently with the other. Brooke saw the scene and pushed the two boys to argue outside. She closed the door leaving Karma to get some sleep.
Conner didn't want to ask yet, let alone ask her if she wasn't even going to tell her family. For now he wanted to be there for her, be by her side with whatever treatment she needed. That trip to New Orleans looks like it's going to be held off.

Karma finally closed her eyes falling into deep sleep she needed since in forever. Conner moved slowly off of the bed and opened the door to see everyone outside. Who's everyone? Beth, Jamie, his team and even their rivals, after all those are her big brothers.

Conner sat down waiting with everyone in the lounge. The doctor came in and everyone stood, they probably scared her a bit but it was all fine.
"She seemed to be have been abused until the point to, well her lung collapsing. The coughing up of blood was caused by the lung bleeding. Has...she had any severe beatings by family, friends or even you?"
Melanie scoffed offended by that last line. She was outrageous of who did it to her sweet girl.
"We would never lay a finger on Karma! I just want to press charges or even lock up that evil bitch."
Daryl pulled his wife back sitting her down again.
"Can anyone here describe how it started? Maybe we can get some answers to how it got so severe."
They all looked at Brooke standing in the corner. Melanie looked more pissed than anything.

They carried Brooke and her mother to a sound proof room with an opaque glass they couldn't see who was behind but the rest could see and hear.

"Full name."
Brooke looked around with her eyes red with tears from crying late last night to this evening. She sniffled and focused back on the officer.
"Brooklyn Karmaine Fitzsimmons."
"Age and birthdate."
"December 1st, 2007."

"Brooke do you know when this all started?"
Brooke played with her hands on the table and looked down in her lap.
"When she started back going to cheer."
"And how long ago was this."
"Three weeks ago." She cleared her throat.
"Three fucking weeks you sat in silence and didn't say anything." Melanie said across from her.
"Ma'am-"
"I was trying to help!"
"In what way! To let her die!?"
"Mamà. You need to listen to her!"
"And I am!"
"And you didn't notice?! None of you did. I've been on my mother fucking ass keeping this big a secret! You barely noticed because all of you had your heads in a game! No one was there for me but Karma these past few weeks so if you want to blame me for almost having her life taken, well then, do it!" Brooke stormed out the room in a rage with tears flowing down her face. She ran to the stairs going two flights down and storming into Karma's room. Luckily Karma was already up by the time but she was a little taken back by how hard the door swung open.
Brooke knelt along side Karma's bed pouring her eyes out. She didn't say a word but just cried. Karma moved around swiftly and pulled up her bestfriend to lay with her ignoring the pain.
She layed Brooke's head in the crook of her neck dispite felling the tears fall there. Karma shushed her calmingly and rubbed her back.
She felt real emotional tears in Brooke's voice as she sobbed quieter and quieter.

Melanie sat there felt like she went to hard. Everything Brooke just said was true. Everyone heard from behind the glass. Those two girls brought light to more people than they knew.