9) Ice and Water Search

*Brandon's pov*

I sighed as I read over the letter Inmo gave us. I gave it to Ritchie who read through it as well before he groaned setting it down pinching his nose lightly.

"Thank you Inmo you can go rest we'll take care of the rest. If Kit or Mario ask were we are tell them we're out." I said and Inmo nodded before running off calling for Bjorn.

"You search for Boat I'll grab David." Ritchie said and I nodded.

"Sounds good to me." I said getting up.

"Jeez David may need a break for a couple of days more then Boat and Inmo...." Ritchie said as we walked down and outside.

"He gets very emotional at times don't know if this has to do with his past, however I wouldn't be surprised if it was about some past issues since the very first day he went to see her and even before that." I said

"Ya we don't know the full story but he must not have liked what Miss P said and snapped. Boat must have just wanted to get back to the guild because waterways are his only source of getting out right now." Ritchie said and I nodded

"See you soon?" Ritchie asked

"See you soon. Good luck with the feathery mess." I say

"I was about to say I hope your ready to get wet." Ritchie chuckled and I sighed and took off into the air as he blinked.

I sighed and flew off it took me about a half hour to find Boat. You see this river actually doesn't lead to the ocean with the direction that Boat took from what Miss P said. He would have likely reached the ocean eventually but the teas effects would have long passed and so he'd be in the middle of nowhere.

A sent a gust of air into the water and Boat was startled before he peaked his head out and looked at me.

"Brandon? Wait when did you get there?" Boat asked confused.

"Searching for you and David. This rivers not going to get you to the ocean in time. So I came to grab you and take you back." I said and Boat sighed

"I can't stay out of the water for long though." Boat said looking down and I guided him to a river bank and I landed on the ground.

"Well then we'll camp out here and I'll take you back to the guild tomorrow." I said and Boat looked at me.

"But don't you have work?" He asked with a questioning look.

"Na, Ritchie will cover it. Besides how I see it yes these tests of teas is dangerous in their own way to making sure our guild members are ok is our top priority." I said and Boat sighed as he looked back the water.

"Thank you...." Boat then started gathering up some water.

"Brandon, let's fly." Boat said with a smile and I got the idea. I walked over using the wind to pull him out of the water then took off into the air once I was holding him. Boat kept water over the gills and so we were able to make it to the guild. He's smart, I knew he would figure something out. I smiled as Boat swam around the guild island. Well one down one more to go.

*Ritchie's pov*

David is so easy to track sometimes, however I feel like he's made it too bluntly obvious. How do I know? Well currently there is a mountain range that has a bunch of ice spikes around them. I landed not to far away and walked in blasting any ice in the way before finally getting to David who turned and looked at me.

"You wanna talk about it?" I asked and David looked very frustrated.

"Would you prefer a fight?" I asked and I paused waiting for an answer.

"I think I'm good." David said with a huff.

"Alright you want to explain why you ran off then?" I asked as I sat down on a ice spikes that I blinded onto.

"It's the crazy old bat! You know this." David yelled and I sighed

"Do need some more days away from her?" I asked and David sighed as he sat down

It was quiet for some time and I was about to speak up until I saw David's body shaking a bit. I got up and jumped down walking over to him and touched his shoulder seeing a couple of tears.

"Does this have to do with the past?" I asked as he sat next to him gently moving his arm twords me as I felt the feathers.

"Just... I'm not going to stay with her, she's not him I know that, but for that moment I saw him in her and I grew angry...." David mumbled loud enough for me to hear and I sighed

"Here, let's go back to Miss P, she has a tea that can reverse you back and we can go back to the guild. I'll make sure you get a week off to go do other missions." I said as David looked at me and nodded and was about to wipe away tears before I grabbed his hand.

"Just let them flow out you'll feel better afterwards." I said and David nodded again as the tears came down and I got up helping him up and we started making out way back.

By the time we got back to Miss P David had stopped crying and was quiet as he drank the tea and after a bit all the feathers came off and he looked normal. I didn't try to yell at him about him being in his boxers I simply took my cloak and put it over David so he had extra cover.

I blinked us back to the guild soon finding my brother with Lucas who was swimming around. David sat down and watched and Lucas came up and out and spoke to David and slowly David started talking again.

I told Brandon everything and we agreed that we'll left David have a week off, Lucas and Inmo can have a couple days off before going back to Miss P. Well at least this will hopefully calm down the situations.