Chapter 2: Date Night

The whole day at work you were feeling giddy. Tonight was date night. Your heart felt like it could explode into a thousand pieces. You couldn't wait to get back home. After work, you rushed home as fast as you could. Your apartment was mid century modern 1950's themed, all down to the technology. The TV was a modern working TV but looked like one from the 50's which you loved. Because you still enjoyed modern media, you weren't completely stuck in the past.

You ate an apple for a quick snack to hold you over while you looked through your closet. You chose a black velvet dress that reached your knees, and a white faux-fur coat. You wore the same black kitten heels you wore at the party and grabbed a rhinestone clutch. You curled your hair and pinned back the sides and added a dash of your Chanel no'5 perfume. A classic.

Your heart started racing when you heard a knock on the door. You straightened out your dress before opening the door. Steve looked so cute in his buttoned up flannel. "Hi." you said nervously.

He smiled down at you, considering you were only 5'3 and he 6'4.

"You look beautiful tonight sweetheart." The pet name made you blush. He was holding a beautiful bouquet of flowers which you took and smelled them. "Let me put these in a vase, you can sit on the couch if you'd like." you offered and Steve nodded.

When he walked into your apartment it was like a blast from the past. While he wasn't necessarily conscious during the 5o's, it reminded him of his time. He smiled as he looked around at all the vintage furniture and knick knacks.

He was snapped out of his trance when you emerged from the kitchen. "Alright, ready?" you asked.

"Yep. Come on doll." he answered and you couldn't help but smile.

The restaurant was a nice Italian place with a very peaceful atmosphere.

"And then Bucky had to come in and rescue me as usual." Steve told his story. You were so captivated by it. You hadn't met Bucky yet, apparently he and Sam were on a mission during the party. You hoped to meet them someday.

After the dinner, the two of you walked through central park. It was so beautiful at night.

"Can I ask you something?" Steve asked.

"Sure." you replied.

"Why are you so fond of the 50's?" he asked.

"My grandma raised me growing up, always told stories about the time period and I fell in love. With the movies, TV shows, fashion, lifestyle, everything. And I started collecting memorabilia from that time, along with dressing up how they used to. After grandma passed I used it as a way to feel closer to her." you explained.

"That's a very beautiful reason. I will say I enjoy that someone likes the older, simpler times as well." he answered.

It was nice to have someone have the same interests as you, and you'd be damned if you thought he was handsome as hell. Because he is but you just wanted to quote Taylor Swift.

It was getting late so you hopped on the back of his motorcycle and he took off. You were a little nervous when riding it at first, afraid you might fall off, but the death grip you had on his waist kept you at ease.

When you made it to the door of your apartment, there was a pause.

Steve put his hand on cheek, cupping it as he searched your eyes. "Y/n, can I kiss you?" he asked. "Yes," you breathed and the two of you leaned in and pressed your lips together. You entangled your hands into his hair, emitting a low groan from him which caused butterflies to flutter in your stomach.

When the two of you pulled away you said goodnight and slowly closed the door, keeping eye contact with him. You sighed happily as you leaned against the door and slid down, like a lovesick teenager.

You haven't felt this way in a long time.