chapter 1

every music note had its own tune.
every harmony had its own melody.
every dance had its own story.
yet somehow, he didn't belong anywhere.

♡♡♡

He pondered at the clock hanging on his wall, watching the second hand tick by. Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock. The sound was calming yet horrifying to him at the same time.

With every second passing by, people were doing big things with them. Elon Musk could be one second closer to making a whole new rocket ship with Space X, Tom Cruise was probably making sure every second counted into making his next hit movie that would take the world by storm, Charlie D'amelio was perhaps creating another Tik Tok video and earn hundreds, if not thousands by the second.

Yet, what was he doing here? Wasting every second of his life on his couch, staring at his house's stupid old grandfather's clock. Those kind that would shoot out a bird and say 'Cuckoo!' three times without fail at 12pm sharp.

Sometimes, he wondered if taking that exam to graduate from the school education system early to pursue dance was worth it. Definitely, he had earned quite a lump sum of income, but it is definitely not enough to support himself if he lived alone.

He plucked himself out of the couch and decided to do something other than doing absolutely nothing. He walked up to his bedroom and stared into the mirror, taking shirts and pants, one after another. He wanted to put together a cool outfit for his video today.

Baggy jeans, with a hoodie? Nope, too warm. It's like a scorching 37 degrees celsius outside, no way was he going to put on something that was meant to keep you warm in a 19 degrees celsius weather. How about a buttoned up shirt he bought from Hawaii a while back, with shorts? Ew, he hasn't shaved in months and gosh, it looked like sea urchins were growing on his whole entire leg.

Ugh. And this isn't the hardest part yet. Come on Sean Lew, just pick anything. Anything. Even if it is an outfit you wore before.

He finally settled on just some black joggers and an oversized white graphic tee. You could never go wrong with such a simple fit. No way.

He combed his hair with the help of the mirror, making sure it didn't seemed like he just woke up from a long nap on his couch, which made his back really painful to stand up with.

Grabbing his camera off his night stand, he rushed to the garage and dialed for his friend, Bailey, to come over.

"Bailey, would you mind coming over and film this dance with me? We did it last week over Zoom, but I was hoping we could do it in real life, together. I loved how the dance turned out, so I want it to go onto Instagram." Sean asked, crossing his fingers tightly until they felt like they were going to rip off his palm, hoping she would be okay.

"Yeah! I'm down. It's not like I have anything better to do anyways. This whole pandemic sucks. You can barely do anything. Going out require masks and man it's so hard to dance with them. Breathing is ten times more difficult." Bailey sighed, but Sean fully agreed with her.

"Thankfully the measures have lifted, just enough for us to be able to meet up and dance without the need of masks. It's getting better, we can only hope it stays this way." Sean smiled as he replied, trying to instill some optimism in their conversation.

"Definitely. Alright, I just hopped into my car. I'll meet you in about an hour? That is, if LA traffic serves me well today, because damn it's probably rush hour right now. Goodness gracious me." Bailey acknowledged, before saying goodbye and hanging up the call.