chapter 25

he is and will always be,
the one i choose to come home to,
no matter the day,
no matter the time.

•••

LAST DAY IN TORONTO, CANADA

Sean zipped his luggage up, and checked their room to see if they left anything important behind. Him and Kaycee had already gotten their furniture donated to the nearest shelter, to those who need it more. 

"Excited to head home?" Sean asked Kaycee, who was eagerly running around the place trying to pack up everything that she had brought over back into the luggage she came with.

"Definitely. As much as I had a great time living here in Canada, it doesn't replace the feeling of being at home, where my heart always belonged." Kaycee replied, as she continued to dash around the house to scavenge for more stuff. 

They both packed up everything except for their toiletries, since they will be here for one more night before officially leaving this place for good. Kaycee will definitely miss the fact that they have better maple syrup here than America, but other than that, she for sure prefers home than here.

Once Kaycee finally confirmed that she has packed up everything into her luggage, they both went to the balcony and looked out into the streets one more time. He had set up a tripod too, just so he could take a picture of them being here for the last time, for memories sake. He hugged her by her shoulders with one arm and stared into the distance with her. They watched as cars drove by the street below them, couples holding hands while walking along the sidewalks, and the sound of the unpleasant honks from the impatient drivers.

But in the end, all he stared at mainly was her. Nothing seemed to be more interesting to look at than her. Her beauty, her personality, her everything. He adored everything about her, from head to toe and inside out. 

While he was caught up in his thoughts, Kaycee must have noticed him staring at her, because she started staring at him too. Now their eyes were locked on one another, it made Sean realise how pretty and unique her olive eyes were. Kaycee noticed the dark honey brown eyes he had, and realised how well it matches him. His eyes showed nothing but sweetness and love for her. 

"You are my safe haven, you know that?" Kaycee asked.

"You are mine too."

"Thank you for always coming to me."

"Thank you for always choosing me to love."

"Hey, you can't be one up-ing me here." Kaycee pouted.

Sean wrapped his arm around her shoulders with more firmness.

"Just wait until we get home."

"Hmm?"

"You'll see."

And that left Kaycee wondering, but before she could wonder off too far, Sean kisses her lips with the same passion he did when they first kissed, leaving Kaycee blank-minded and speechless.

•••

BACK IN HOME TOWN

As Sean lifted out the last luggage out of the trunk for Kaycee, they both parted ways to greet their own families. But of course, being the lovebirds they are, they were immediately out of their houses the moment they got the chance to, just to see one another again.

"It hadn't been long since we last saw each other, but I can't seem to let you go for even a second without missing you, even if you live next to me." Kaycee admitted.

"Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels the same way."

Oh how Kaycee could melt in his arms right away.

"Remember how you said I can't one up you?" Sean asked.

"Yeah?" Kaycee glanced over at him.

"Well..."