chapter 23

darling, don't be scared.
'cause even if i look everywhere,
your colours caught me eye,
and you're my favourite sight to see.

-An Art Gallery Could Never Be As Unique As You by mrld

•••

A FEW WEEKS LATER

Kaycee rushed out of her house and towards him. Sean stood in her driveway, beside his car, his arms wide enough to catch her when she came crashing into him. They both soaked in the happiness and bliss they were feeling for a while as they stayed in each other's arms.

"Come on my Koala, we have somewhere to go to. If we stay like this, we are going to be here till sunset." Sean laughs as Kaycee remained within his arms, her arms wrapped around his body, refusing to move an inch.

"I would stay here forever, as long as it is you I get to hold." Kaycee glanced up and smiled, before receiving a quick kiss on her nose from Sean. She tried to hold in the fact that she was feeling all mushy after that by covering up with an angry stare at him, but she just couldn't.

"Let's go Ricebowl." Sean managed to tug her arms off him, before running behind her and hugging her from the back. He lifted her off her feet like she weighed nothing, before plopping her in her seat in his car.

"Only because you forced me to!" Kaycee said, before pouting at him. He gently pinched her cheeks and kissed her forehead, before helping her to buckle up. Princess treatment for her and her only.

"I'm sure that the place I am bringing you to will not make you angry at me no more. Trust." Sean pledged, before putting the car into drive mode and turning it into the main road.

•••

"A workshop to make rings?" Kaycee asked as she read the poster pasted on the window of the shop they were about to enter.

"I figured that we could make matching rings, you know, to commemorate the fact that we are officially together now. I saw a poster from this store some time ago and thought it would be a good idea if we could go for one together-" 

Kaycee interrupted Sean by letting her lips lay on his. When they broke apart, she could instantly see her favourite thing in the world from him. More like two. His smile, his dimples, and the way his eyes light up. Okay, maybe three.

As the chime at the door rung, signalling their entrance, the shop owner quickly rushed to greet them and allocate them to an empty table. They were then taught how a ring is made, showed a whole demonstration from top to bottom, before allowing them to make their own rings. 

"I'm sorry if I'm interrupting anything, but could I just say something?" The shop owner approached them after the demonstration.

"No, no. You aren't interrupting anything. May I know your concerns?" Sean asked, with one eyebrow lifted to question.

"Oh, don't worry, you didn't stir any trouble for me. I just wanted to say that you two look great together. You two are a couple, right?" The shop owner replied quickly, not wanting to alarm Sean and Kaycee.

"Ah yes, we are together. And thank you, that was really nice to hear that." Kaycee smiled, before interlocking her fingers with his under the table. Sean looked below the table to look at how their hands were locked, before looking up to smile at Kaycee, who was beaming like a sunshine.

"Your girlfriend is so sweet, you are one lucky man to have her." 

"Ahhh, I am the lucky one. He is the most considerate man I have ever met in my whole life." Kaycee quickly chipped in.

"Have fun with the session today! If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me. I'll just be hanging around the counter at the front." The shop owner replied, before walking away.

Kaycee glanced at him one last time, which made them both smile when their eyes locked. They then grabbed their respective materials before starting to craft their own ring. They had the idea to try and get their names engraved on each other's ring, right on the inside so that they could see their name every time before they put it on.

"I'm already loving this place." Kaycee turned to him and said.

"I told you that you would." Sean replied.

•••

Once their rings were done, they glanced at the engravings once more. 

"Here is yours, Kaycee Catlin Rice. With this ring, I promise to love you for eternity, no matter how bad your jokes are and how cranky you are when you wake up. I will always tell you that you are the most beautiful sunshine I ever stumbled upon on and tell you that you are always my forever. Although we will be a border apart, I will be across the border from you, shouting your name until you can hear it from the other side. I swear to support you and scream your name until I lose my voice and lungs. Kaycee, oh how I am so in love with you." Sean said as he slid the ring onto her middle finger on her left hand.

Kaycee couldn't help but cry while laughing at his heartfelt yet hilarious speech, the one thing she will definitely miss once she reaches Canada. 

After she made the heartbreaking decision to pursue her dreams after Sean convinced her that they will be able to endure the next two years of long distance, Kaycee decided to take the risk eventually and accepted the offer from the company. Both the company and Sean were elated to hear that, and Kaycee felt happy too.

"And here is yours, Sean Charles Lew. With this ring, I promise to never stop telling you how your dad jokes always suck, although they still make me erupt with endless laughter. I also promise you to love you to the moon and back, which is why I had the moon carved next to my name here. I promise to love you through the good times and the bad, and to always remember I have someone to fall on when I am struggling. You are the reason why the rainbows are always after the storms, and why there are hardly any moody days with you. I promise to let you hug me like a bolster and let you kick me like a soccer ball when you sleep. I don't know why you kick in your sleep, but so long it's you that I am with, I am fine with it. I love you, Sean. And I will at last promise to tell you that every day, till death do us part." Kaycee vowed, and slid his ring onto the same finger as he did with his. 

Now it was Sean's turn to be emotional. He hugged her after she placed her ring on his finger, and didn't try to let her go. 

"I will miss you so much while you're gone." Sean whispered through his tears.

"I will miss being in your arms when I'm there." Kaycee whispered back.

And they stood like that, without a care in the world on what was happening around them. All they wanted to do was to hold each other what seemed to be the last few times before she flies tomorrow.