finale

people ask me,
"where do you belong?"
i always tell them,
"right where he is."

•••

"Well...follow me. Let's head somewhere." Sean said, pulling Kaycee with him towards his car. 

His heart was beating quick, his palms were sweaty. He was trying his best to hold every emotion he had in. It was tough, but he had to make sure he wouldn't ruin the whole thing.

When they arrived at the airport, Kaycee was confused. They had just been here not long ago. Well, not the same terminal, but definitely the same place. 

Sean and Kaycee walked towards a specific spot in the airport, near the arrival gates. When they stopped walking, Sean placed his arm over her shoulders.

"Remember this place?" He said while looking through the glass doors that separated the baggage collection area and the exit. 

Kaycee took a closer look around. She was not sure if it was the place she was thinking about, so she did a triple take at the place. Memories of her running towards Bailey, with Sean standing there in shock came flooding back to her, making her smile.

"Seeing that you are smiling, you must have remembered this place."

Kaycee nodded eagerly. Just as she was looking around the place, she heard a familiar tune play around the area. 

"Follow the tune, Ricebowl. That's where we have to go." 

And Kaycee pulled Sean along as she followed the tune.

•••

As Kaycee took the travellator up, she noticed a pair of large stereo speakers playing a tune she knew way too well. She smiled, when she could hear the lyrics playing along the soundtrack, despite her being only able to hear the backing track. 

Then Sean started to sing along to the backing track.

It was the song he wrote.

And it was about her.

When he reached the final lyric, he paused for a moment, grabbed her hand with his left, and dug into his pocket for something with his right.

"There is no place I would rather be." The last lyric said.

"Kaycee Catlin Rice, I know we have been through a lot during our first meeting until our meeting again with Bailey. How I always have loved you before you left for Canada the first time but could never tell you how much I love you. And I am glad that during the second time you left for Canada, that I was able to be there with you and show you how much I love you. Thank you for being with me and choosing to be with me every single day. I am not someone that is easy to put up with, but I am glad you are the one doing that for me. I am so glad at the end of the day, that I am able to call you mine. We have been through everything together and we have seen it all, and there's no one else I would want to be with forever. In other words, I am happy to know that out of every men you could have, you chose to settle with me. So, Kaycee Catlin Rice, will you-"

"Yes. A million times yes."

Kaycee smothered him with kisses and Sean could not contain his excitement.

"I haven't put the ring on you yet-"

Kaycee stopped her kisses and stared at him.

"Just shut up and let me kiss you."

•••

THE END