chapter 14

those supermarket flowers,
in every shade and colour that exists,
sometimes made her wonder,
who will be that guy to buy them for her?

♡♡♡

"Walmart baby!" Kaycee shrieked in excitement as the car faced the front of the store, with its store sign and those big red words.

Kaycee hopped off the car once Sean parked it and rushed off without him. She didn't even think of waiting for him. When it came to Walmart, nothing was going to stop her or come between her and the store.

"KAYCEE!" Sean yelled after her, like a mother goose chasing after her babies.

"I'm going in first to grab the popcorn!" She yelled back to Sean, which made Sean laugh.

There was no way they were ever going to sell out, since this supermarket was not the most popular in this district. There was a bigger store just 20 minutes away, so people would rather go there then to come to this small store in comparison.

As Kaycee ran to the front of the store, she stopped by some flowers being sold at a stand. Lily Bloom's. She bent down and took a closer look at the different flowers they offered.

Daisies were always her favourite. Especially the white one.

Kaycee always felt roses are overrated. Of course, she definitely agreed they looked good and even smelled lovely and romantic, but she never liked the colour red.

Once, she scrolled through Pinterest and saw Baby Breaths, but they were too small and looked like teeny buds. But then she saw bouquets of white daisies. Simple yet cute, it matched her personality and likings.

Kaycee grabbed a small bunch of white daisies and held them up to take a good look at them. How it would a dream to get gifted such flowers.

She took some pictures of the daisies before setting them back down into their containers of water. Not wanting to make Sean wait for too long, she quickly headed into the store.

Sean had been standing around, next to a pillar, looking at his phone for any new notifications and text messages. But he did notice Kaycee picking up a few flowers and looking at them. When she left, he took a good look at them and checked the label to see what they were.

White daisies.

He smiled, mentally taking note, before heading into the store and following her before she noticed his slight absence.

"Which flavour for later Sean?" Kaycee asked as she reached the snack aisle.

"I'm feeling chocolate today. Besides, Boom Chicka pop does it the best. They always nail every flavour." Sean smiled.

Kaycee tried to grab the packet from the highest shelf, but her fingers grazed over and she could not reach it. Her fingers could not wrap around the packaging and pull it down.

Sean leaned from behind, grabbing the popcorn for her.

Kaycee turned around, despite knowing the distance between them would be small and she would feel a little flustered, but she tried to put on her best pout face to show dominance.

"I wanted to try and take it! I'm a strong and independent woman." Kaycee scoffed.

"More like a silly gremlin." Sean chuckled, which ended up with a soft punch from Kaycee in the stomach.