Kantou Manji Arc Part 13

Shinichiro's Past

In the original timeline, there was nothing but despair and loneliness for Shinichiro Sano. It wasn't supposed to be that way. Things were good yet why did life have to bestow him an unfair dealing? All because of a stupid toy airplane?

His little brother, Manjiro Sano (Mikey) was hospitalized. In critical condition. He was in a vegetative state where the cerebrum was not functioning at all. He has lost all awareness.

Shinichiro knew he had to put on a brave face for his family. So he'll go on pretending everything is alright and that Manjiro will get better. It was only a farce that he knew.

Four years had passed and nothing has changed. His little brother who was supposed to be in middle school and enjoying his life was unresponsive and now in a wheelchair. Not a whisper was heard from him nor the blink of an eye. It was like talkative to a robot doll and hoping for a response back.

Back then Shinichiro knew, there was no such thing as Toman in the original timeline. Manjiro had never met Draken, Takemichi, (Y/n) or the others. The only friends he ever had was Haruchiyo Akashi and Keisuke Baji.

Haruchiyo was in juvie for using a katana to slash all his friends who were talking crap about the small blonde. He had no regrets. They didn't understand the struggle, the pain, the despair he, Baji or Shinichiro were feeling. Thankfully, he was released.

Shinichiro continued to put on a friendly face. It didn't matter if Manjiro was almost skeleton-like and anemic. It didn't matter if his little sister; Emma, ran away and that his grandpa died. It didn't matter if he gave up his dreams. He continued to smile in hopes to hide all the feelings he buried deep inside that were begging to be let out. He had to be strong, he needed to be.

But it was all a waste.

On July 20th, Manjiro Sano passed away.

Shinichiro yelled out as he continued to punch the concrete wall repeatedly without a care of his bruising fists and the blood dripping down. It felt like the world was crashing down on him, like the ocean was swallowing him up that his chest felt heavy and in pain. Tears streamed down his face. He failed. He failed as an older brother and in doing so, he also lost his family too. He was alone.

His best friend Wakasa was there to comfort him. He obviously wasn't the best with words as the two-toned male thought drinking away his problems and sleeping with women would be the right solution.

However, Shinichiro was glad he did come, because he heard something that peaked his interest. A group of men were making a ruckus in Wakasa's club and their banter caught his attention.

"And that old man had a weird ass face too!" One them laughed cockily. "He said 'I can go back in time' or some crazy shit!" The man continued to laugh it up.

Go back in time? Time leaper?

"Oi." Shinichiro approached them with a dead look, "That story, tell me more about it." He demanded.

When those men didn't agree and simply waved them off, he taught them a lesson. He wasn't joking. In between two buildings, an alleyway to be precise, he beat them all up. No mercy.

When the leader finally acquiesced, he was led to an underneath tunnel where the time leaper was. It was old homeless man, all haggard in appearance and looking crazy from the outside.

"Hey, are you listening to me?" Shinichiro asked him.

The old man laughed crazily, "Hehehe, I won't hand over this power to anyone. It wasn't easy for me to get it in the first place!"