Chapter 4{Edited}

This chapter is dedicated to @idontsuk for always leaving comments that makes my day💋💋💋

"The beast requests your presence." The guard's words kept ringing in my ears. We all grew silent and quietly followed the guard, not wanting to get into trouble with the beast.

I couldn't help but wonder what the beast wanted. I hated being kept in the dark, and after what I witnessed this morning, I can't help the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach: the beast's request for your presence is just the sugar-coated version of time for you to die, and to think I almost laughed at the other girl's fears.

No one had spoken a word since we left the room, as every one of us was lost in our own thoughts.

The muffled sound of tears had me turning my head to the girl next to me who was bawling her eyes out. I wish I was a crier but no, the tears never seem to come even as I was about to face death.

After a series of turns, stairs and hallways we finally arrived at where the beast was.

It was an open balcony, the same one we saw him in earlier. He wore a black ceremonial robe similar to the one he wore before and everything about him screamed royalty, ranging from the gold crown on his head to his black curly hair that was neatly combed to the back to even his demeanor. 

"Your maliciousness" we all chorused with a bow. He turned to us and pointed to the girl beside me, his expression giving nothing away. 

"What's your name," he asked the girl next to me and we immediately tensed up not wanting a repeat of what we saw earlier. 

 "Alice" she choked out in between tears. 

"Guards return Alice to the slave quarters, I hate the smell of tears and make sure you bring me someone else who isn't crying. Don't keep me waiting" he said and the guards immediately grabbed Alice. 

 I released the breath I didn't even know I was holding, relieved I wasn't going to witness another gruesome sight again. 

Wait, he can smell our tears? Can all demons do that? I was confused. "Yes I can smell your tears and if you're wondering not all demons can do that, only the kings" he said, noticing the confused looks on our faces. 

The guards returned with another girl.  She had a built like a man with muscles that made each and every one of the girls know better than to cross her path, I think her name's Kate or something

"Very well you may leave now guards" he dismissed the guards with a wave of his hand and the guards left with a bow. 

 "What I called you girls here for is very simple, there are five floors in this castle and each of you girls would be in charge of each floor" he said, staring at us. 

"You" he pointed at the girl at the end of the line 
"What's your name?" 

 "Brie, your maliciousness" she answered with a slight tremor to her voice
 "Very well Brie, you are in charge of the second floor"

"You" he pointed at me and my heart beat sped up, "what's your name??"

 "Elisa" I stated hating how timid I sounded

"You're in charge of the top floor"

After giving each of us an allocated area he spoke again

"There are 44 girls left, so each one of you get 9 girls to work with, except those working on the top floor who get 8" he explained

"I put you all in charge of these chores for a reason. It'd be unfair to kill all the girls —not that I care, if you don't do your chores right or on time. This way you girls are the ones held accountable for anything that happens to the girls in your group". He smirked.