Chapter 13

The market was exactly what the beast called it a market. I half expected to see malls and grocery shops as I've read in books but to my disappointment there was only people in old clothes pushing wooden carts, sitting in makeshift wooden kiosk, displaying goods on wooden tables.

The people of Montain made it seem like civilization was all just a fantasy that never occurred I wouldn't have believed its true if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes at the academy.

The people of Montain just stared at me with mixed emotions on their faces. I half had the mind to tell them its rude to stare so openly but decided against it.

The elders glared at me and I was surprised they hadn't pounced at me. I'm sure its uncommon for a human to roam the street so freely, judging from the looks of the kids who stared at me with a mix of awe and incredibility

General Sage navigated through the mass of people briskly and effortlessly like she does it every day,while I had to mutter several apology every now and then cause I had bumped into someone or something.

The first stop was at an old antique shop and they was no one in there.

The wall was designed with different weapons of different sizes. Each weapon had an intricate design that spoke of ages its been through.

"Hello" General Sage said moving to stand at the wooden counter

Jack???" General Sage called out again and then a loud thump sounded  from behind the counter before a head peeked out from under the counter

A guy rose to his full height from behind the counter and I had to keep myself from gaping and the fact that his broad chest was on full display wasn't helping. If he were a Greek god he'd be Adonis. He was almost the same height as the king with dishevelled golden locks and very well defined jaw.

"Get a shirt on will you, we don't want the human drooling" General Sage said and I quickly looked away embarrassed at myself for staring so openly at a demon for that matter. I hared the fact that General Sage referred to me as 'the human' when I had a name but then again the demons remind us of our place any chance they get

I wonder if the human males are as hot as the demons and quickly chastise myself for thinking that way but to be honest I was really curious

I've never seen a human male but I'm assuming they look like the demon males too considering the demon females and us are quite hard to tell apart .

"Hey Sage" a guy who I assume is Jack said rubbing his forehead and wincing

"What is it you seek today?? A dagger?? Sword?? Let me guess you're going on another deadly mission" he said making me wonder just how many deadly mission General Sage goes on

"We're here for a weapon for the human, do you still have those human weapon from then??" She asked eyes flickering to me.

"And who's the human?" He asked eyes still on General Sage completely disregarding me.

"Excuse me, I'm Elisa and I'm the human, now if you'd care to show us some weapon, dagger preferably" I said in a stern voice laced in sass and surprised flashed in his eyes while general Sage just stared at me with pride in her eyes.

"Watch your tongue brat" he said anger evident in his voice

"Or else what" I replied coolly

At that point General Sage decided to interfere and just told him to go get the weapon which he did begrudgingly

He returned with a big wooden box, placed it on the counter with a loud thud and opened it.

"These are the weapon from the humans he said  and General Sage moved forward to check them and I followed suit.

Most of the weapons there were too big, too heavy or weren't to my liking save for a small black danger with golden tendrils that formed different  an intricate pattern on it.

It was small and fit perfectly in my hands as i flexed it around and I definitely was gonna keep it.

"I'm gonna take this one" I said looking at General Sage and she just nodded.

"How much is it? " she asked Jack and I didn't even bother listening to their conversation.

The beast might have not given her the money for it but that's none of my business. If it weren't for the fact that they came and enslaved us then I'd have a job and I wouldn't even have needed a freaking dagger in the first place.

We left the shop after general Sage paid, in search of other weapons. I was really enjoying the freedom of being out in the open though the prying eyes of the demons still lingered.

We navigated through the huge crowd and busy market. Well general Sage navigated while I kept bumping into things and then all of a sudden I felt a strong grip on my hands pulling me to a stop.

I looked back to see who it was and I didn't see anyone until I looked down and before me stood a dwarf, I've only read about them in book and i was excited to finally see one in person.

"Queen Elisa"  he said bowing his head and I was shocked to the bone, who is queen Elisa??

"I'm sorry but you have the wrong person, i'm Elisa but I'm not a queen" I said quickly trying to tug my hand out of his grasp which only made him hold it tighter, damn he's strong.

"You're not queen yet but fate has other plans. The head that carries the crown is you and with time you'll find that out but right now you might wanna keep this little conversation to yourself. Good day your Majesty" he said in a low voice and left weaving  through the crowd.

I quickly caught up to general Sage and she asked what he said apparently having seen us but I quickly brush it off as nothing and thankfully she drops it.

The only thing is I hope she doesn't mention it to the beast

Phew😪😪😪
That was one hell of a ride😏😏
What do you guys think of the chapter????
I feel like everyone's busy with school that's why my reads aren't as much as before but thankfully the break is almost here
Firstly, The beasts doesn't read minds, what happened was simply coincidental

Secondly, Jeejeecheeks,Blake__14 and everyone I promised to read their books, I have its just offline and I think they're great.
If you like Armistice then check out 'the color of your heart' by Jeejeecheeks, its really good, got me hooked from the start, ways awaiting an update
Love y'all
Have a great day
Byeeeeeee👋👋👋